Chapter Fourty Six: Charlotte Bloom

"I'm sorry, I think I'm missing something" I said, my voice breaking a little purely from shock to the new information. My mind was racing as face as my heart. "So you two, dated? In drama school?"

"Yeah" replied Charlotte far to nauchalontly for my liking. "But it was a long time ago, right JoJo?" She added, looking over at him sweetly. I swear if she calls him that again. The nick name mixed with the look she gave him though made me want to vomit.

"It was um- yeah, a long time ago" he spluttered. He had one hand on his hip and another rubbed over his face. I didn't really blame him for his taken aback demeanor. He was obviously just as shocked and confused as I was. "But I just- I mean, how are you- what are you doing here?" I could see his hand was ever so slightly shaking.

"Well im the new makeup gal" she said, perching herself on the edge of the makeup chair. "I thought that much was obvious" she chuckled as she crossed her legs, the high slit on the side of her dress revealed her long tanned, slender legs.

I had observed that she was pretty when I met her while Joseph was changing. Which was why I was kind of nervous about introducing the two of them. But now that I know that she has dated Joseph!? It really sunk in just how stunning she actually was.

She was nothing like me, that's for sure.

She was slightly taller than Joseph standing up, her skin sun kissed like she had been laying in the sun for weeks. Her body was the definition of a super model body. She was super slender and perfectly toned, she'd give the likes of Kendall Jenner a run for her money. The white dress with delicate floral details making her skin tone stand out even more. It also highlighted her perfectly proportioned breast that slightly spilling out the top. Her shiney chocolate brown hair, flecks of highlights tossed through out, was cut into a short neat shoulder length. As I observed her brown hair that framed her face perfectly, i also observed her piercing Hazel coloured eyes.

Its going to be hard to convince myself that he dated ugly people now.

Part of me knows exactly why he had dated her because quite frankly, I think I could be swayed to. But that was also what frightened me. My heart sank further and further into the black hole that was getting bigger the more I looked at her. She is exactly the type of girl I had imagined he was into or that he was good looking enough to get before we started dating. These images in my head of these prettier, skinnier girls running ramped in my mind. These thoughts were what made me doubt that he would ever like me or think I was attractive. But now, here we were, with the literally real life creation of all these thoughts standing before us. She was perfect.

And to really put the nail in the coffin, they already have a history together! And history is notorious for repeating itself.

"What happened to acting?" Joseph spoke up, bringing me out of my almost trance like state.

"I mean I still enjoy it but I got into the whole makeup thing and I get more work this way so, I switched. I just do small acting roles on the side now" she shrugged, twisting in the chair.

"With that being said, as much as I'd love to catch up, unless you want to leave here any later than needed, I'll need you in the chair JoJo" she said as she hoped up and motioned for Joseph to sit so she could remove his makeup. Please for the love of god stop calling him that. I could feel the vomit creeping up my throat.

Joseph looked over at me, his expression one of frustration and a hint of, what us that? anger? I tried to reasure him with a half smile but his mood had already changed. He looked mad.

"Dont call me that" he added, sounding exasperated, as he walked over to the chair. Part of me shocked but loved that he had put her in her place with that God awful nickname. But it didn't take too long before she had me by the throat with her words again.