Chapter Fourty Eight: Tense Trips

"Are you actually joking? Am I in a nightmare or something?" Sam said with a shocked look as she watched me run around the kitchen trying to make a smoothie to take to work.

"I reeeeally wish I were and no you certainly are not" I replied with a chuckle as I shoved a banana into the blender.

"Fuck me" she added shaking her head, her smile read disbelief more than it did happy. "Did you get mad? how did he take it?"

"Um I did feel mad at first cause she was out rightly flirting with him in front of me. But J totally shut her down, like on the spot! it was mad. He full on kissed me when she was right there trying to hit on him" I laughed, smiling as I thought back to the look on her face as I pulled away from Josephs lips.

"Fuck yes Joseph! That's my boy!" Sam beamed and punched the air a little, I nearly choked on my smoothie. "Holy shit I'm so glad he did, he is honestly the best. Screw you Charlotte" she emphasised her name and pulled as face as she said it.

"Hey! she didn't know! I'm trying my best to be civil with her so I would appreciate the support bitch." I added, giving her a look. "Besides, now she knows about us I'm sure it should all be fine"

"Mmhmm sure" Sam said, her tone laced with sarcasm and topped off with an eye roll as she grabbed a glass of smoothie for herself. I looked at her, not impressed as I leaned against the counter to drink my smoothie. She looked over at me and caught my expression. she rolled her eyes at me again. "I'm just saying Billie, the girl literally sought Joseph out. She knew damn well that he was on the show and jumped at the opportunity to make herself known to him again. A woman with that kind of determination and, for lack of a better word, balls, isn't going to just let him go lightly. Not to anyone"

Her words suddenly made my heart drop so far it felt like it came out my ass, I hadn't even thought about it like that. Fuck.

"I mean I don't say that like Joseph would ever do that to you, cause lets face it, you have him wrapped around your finger" she added with a wink. "But it just means that I don't think she will stop trying. So just be careful, don't let her push you around if she does, stand up for yourself and your relationship."

"Ok I'm now very much over this conversation about my boyfriend and his model built ex that I now have to see everyday literally feeling him up" I added trying my best to not actually vomit at the words exiting my mouth, no longer wanting my smoothie. Sam shrugged at me before sculling the rest of hers.

"Alright, we should go, we have to pick the boys up on the way" Sam added as I also finished mine and we both headed to the door.

We weren't working today so Sam and I organised a double date with the boys but after a few others heard about our plans it turned into a group thing. Gaten pulled a pouty lip on Joseph to secure invites for everyone else and Joseph caved like a sucker. We had planned on going to the local indoor pool for a swim then go to lunch but the plans changed to Maya hosting us at her place to use her pool. It was still chilly out but it was heated and there was a spa so we didn't complain. At least I wouldn't have to deal with Charlotte today, I think I needed time to clear my head in all honestly, especially after what Sam said. Her words were flying around my head as we got into the Van.

Pretty sure that Sam was trying to talk to me while we sat there on the way to get the boys but I honestly wasn't listening. What if Sam was right? Would she really still try to get her claws in Joseph again? and what if she actually succeeded? She was 100 times prettier than me and like half my body weight, so why on earth would he not be swayed by her? She had literally chased him down on another continent for Christ sake.

Cause he loves you Billie so shut the fuck up.

Unfortunately at this point in time my heart wasn't able to get through to my head. My heart and head were in battle and my heart was being forced to retreat. No matter how much it tried, the doubt just kept getting bigger and bigger the more I dwelled on it. It was swallowing me whole.