Chapter Eighteen: Code Red

Sam was in the trailer packing up for the day while waiting for me to get back when I came bounding up the stairs and crashing through the door.

"Code Red" I spluttered, a little out of breath.

"What?" She asked, mid way through putting her schedule in her bag as she looked up at me.

"Code.Red." I said, full on glaring at her as I stepped in thr trailer and shut the door.

Sam's eyes widend, dropping her bag and schedule out of shock. She walked over to me and grabbed my shoulders with both hands, still in shock looking me dead in the eyes.

"You're joking?"

"Nope"

"He asked you out?"

"Yep"

"Did you freak out?

"Internally"

"Did you confirm he explicitly meant like a date date?"

"Yep"

"Oh my god, This is your first date since you were with-"

"Exactly"

"Holy shit"

"Tell me about it"

Our faces turned from serious to beaming. We both did made a squeal and hugged eachother, jumping up and down a little.

"Ok ok we need to focus, FOCUS! we got to get the hell out of here so you can get ready, what's the time?"

"Its 5:42" I said looking at my watch,

"And hes picking you up at?"

"8"

"Fuck! Get your shit bitch we gotta bounce" Sam exclaimed, she seemed to be panicking more than me. I felt like I should have been too but it honestly didn't feel real yet.

Sam and I hurried around making sure we got all our stuff before heading out to the van that was waiting to take us home. Luckily our place was only 15 minutes drive but the 15 minutes felt like forever.

I was still in shock. I'm going on a date with Joseph. Joseph just asked me out.

I had been having daydreams about him asking me out for weeks now and it was finally happening. Part of me had convinced myself that maybe last night had just been a once off thing or that it would just turn into a weird friend's that kiss sometimes kind of friendship. I knew I wanted us to be more than that. But him asking me out made me realise I might actually have a real chance with him. That he might actually want to be with me for real.

The nerves were really starting to creep up on me.

I hadent been in a relationship or even on a single date for nearly two years. My love life hadn't exactly been the best, I'd only really had 2 major relationships. One when I was 17 and we dated till I was 20 but ultimately we just grew up and grew apart. I wanted to move to L.A and presue my career and he wanted to stay where he was. So we ended it and 2 days later I moved to LA with Sam. The relationship after that however, now that was... interesting to say the least with a huge side of overwhelming.

I honestly didn't expect it at all, it all happened so quickly. It was all so surreal. Ultimately it was our age difference, which was substantial, the fact that he was very much in the public eye and that we just wanted different things. The media for sure got too much and interfered with our relationship to the point where I was extremely depressed from the backlash, public attention and his "fans".

I really did love him and I always will. But we would never have worked.

Thank god i had Sam though. I don't that I would have been able to get through anything without her. She is everything to me and she had helped me so much. She's the best thing that ever happened to me and I love her with my entire being.

Suddenly the van suddenly pulled up outside the house and we ran inside.

"Ok, you go shower, get your hair done and do your makeup and I'll cover your outfit. Do you know where he's taking you?" She asked as she pulled me upstairs to my room.

"I have no idea, he didn't say" I replied.

Shit, it's all hitting me now.

I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Fuck!" She said, slamming open my closet door and pondering its contents. "Ok, leave it with me and go, go get ready!"

I went into the bathroom and started the shower. I washed, scrubbed and shaved till I felt like I had neither hair or skin left before drying my hair into waves and starting on my makeup.

I decided to go with a light brown eye shadow to darken my crease and add dark brown liner in a small wing to excentiate my eyes

I decided to go with a light brown eye shadow to darken my crease and add dark brown liner in a small wing to excentiate my eyes. I had done a medium coverage foundation so I looked polished but not too full on. I made sure it looked dewy and fresh. I finished it off with a lip colour that was just slightly pinker than my natural lip colour and a gloss over the top.

I looked in the mirror and admired myself briefly. Then i realised this was the first time he would see me in a fuller face of makeup so I hoped he liked it.

I walked out of the bathroom to see the clothing bomb that looked like it had been set off in my room. Sam was out of breath but she had found me an outfit.

It was perfect!

It was perfect!

"Ugh what would I do without you?" I asked as I admired her work in the mirror.

"Honestly, I have absolutely no clue" she laughed as she started ro relax a little. "You look so good though, just dont eat ANYTHING that has a high chance of making it onto that cream dress i swear to god" she said sternly before leaning back and admiring her own work.

"What's the time?" I asked as I put some simple silver diamond studs in my ears.

"Um its 7:35, enough time for a glass of wine i think. Good for the nerves" she patted me on the back and headed down stairs. I took one more look in the mirror.

I really hope he likes it.

I took a deep breath and headed down stairs myself. S was already sipping on a glass of wine and slid one across the kitchen bar towards me.

"Here's to finally getting my girl laid" she said raising her glass at me.

"Heres to you shutting up cause it ain't happening" I laughed as we clinked glasses. She raised her eyebrows at me as we took a sip. "We'll see" she said.

I was about to tell her to shut her mouth but was inturrupted by a ding in my bag. I took my phone out to check who it was.

7:50 PM - UNKNOWN

I'll see you in 10 beautiful x - J