Chapter 96

2040

Olivia had been sitting in her room for the past hour, trying to figure out how she was going to tell her parents what she had decided. She had been talking with her siblings almost daily for the past month trying to get their opinions on the big decision she had to make. Olivia had been doing musical theatre for five years now. With her debut on West End being the star of Clueless, her stardom rose quickly. She had been booking show after show. She started working even more when she finished school. A little over a month ago she had been called by her agent with a huge opportunity.

Mamma Mia was coming back to Broadway after being gone since 2015. When Olivia's agent found out about it he immediately called her and she quickly began working on an audition tape. She decided to keep quiet about it unless she got the part. It didn't take long for her to hear back and be told that she got the part of Sophie Sheridan. She was beyond excited but her excitement quickly turned into fear. She knew she needed advice so she called the only people she knew could help her. Her siblings couldn't help the shrieks that came from them upon hearing the news. They didn't hold back on telling her how proud they were of her. They knew she was only scared because of what their parents might say.

Olivia of course decided to take the part but she wanted to make sure she had everything settled before telling her parents. With the help of her siblings, she was able to get a work visa and an apartment in Greenwich Village. Rehearsals would be starting in two months and she wanted to be settled in New York for at least a month before starting so it was time to tell her parents. She was more nervous to tell her parents than to actually be starring on Broadway. She finally mustered up the courage and made her way to her parent's room where she knew they were relaxing.

She knocked on their door and waited for the okay to go in before opening the door. She always waited for them to tell her that it was okay to go into their room. She didn't want to risk walking in on them. Again. Both of them were sitting on their bed reading. They both put their books down when they saw the look on Olivia's face.

"Sweetheart are you okay?"

"You look a little nervous my darling. Did something happen?"

"Um I need to talk to you guys about something. Is now an okay time?"

"Of course. You know we always have time for you."

Olivia walked towards them and sat crossed legged on the foot of their bed. She began to fiddle with her fingers making Tom reach over and set his hand on top of her's. This immediately calmed her down. "You don't need to be nervous my love. You know you can tell us anything." She gave him a small smile.

"Okay um. Well about a month ago, Christian called me about an audition and I sent in a tape. I heard back pretty quickly and I got the part."

"Well that's wonderful! What part is it?"

"Sophie in Mamma Mia."

"I love Mamma Mia!"

"Wow Liv that's amazing! Congratulations! I had no idea that Mamma Mia was going to be on West End."

"That's cause it's not."

"What do you-"

"It's going to be on Broadway."

"You mean Broadway, like New York Broadway?"

"Yeah mum. I uh- I'm moving to New York."

"For how long?" Melissa's voice started breaking.

"Well the show is running for five months but I've uh- I've decided to stay there."

"Oh wow. This is big news." Tom took a deep breath before a tear fell down his face. He heard Melissa sniffling next to him so he grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "We're so, so proud of you my darling."