Chapter 95

2039

Avengers: Endgame. The second highest grossing film of all time. It's been twenty years since the biggest Marvel movie of all time was released. This was cause for celebration.

It wasn't often that the cast got together anymore. All of them went on to work on different Marvel projects but now all of them had nothing to do with that world anymore. The franchise had moved passed all their characters. Still, this was a big milestone and they all wanted an excuse to get together. Tom and Melissa had seen most of them through the years but it had been a long time since all of them had been in the same room together. The last time they could remember was at Daniel's wedding, eight years ago.

Robert had put himself in charge of planning the party. It was going to be held in Los Angeles since it seemed like a good meeting point for everyone. They knew it was going to be hard to get everyone together but they had started planning a year ago so that meant everyone was going to be able to make it. It was going to be held in the summer instead of April, like the movie was released, so that way if anyone's kids were in school they could still come.

Tom, Melissa, and Olivia had been in Los Angeles for a few days. They figured they'd use the opportunity to spend some time with their family. Joseph and Selena were of course beyond thrilled since they didn't get to see their grandparents and aunt too often. They FaceTimed them at least once a week but there was nothing like getting hugs and kisses from their mama and papa.

The whole Hiddleston/Wolfhard/Chavez family would be attending the reunion. Robert made sure to book a venue that was big enough for everyone and their families to attend. Olivia was especially excited to see everyone. By the time she was born her dad didn't have many Marvel projects left so she unfortunately didn't get to spend as much time on set with everyone like her siblings did. She only really saw her dad's former costars on occasion. Everyone had their own families and lives so it was rare that they all got together but everyone would still check on each other often. Olivia would often see her parents on FaceTime with their friends and would usually stay to talk to them. She was incredibly close to all of them and saw them all as her aunts and uncles.

When they arrived at the venue, there was already tons of people there. It took them a while to make their way in since they were constantly being stopped by some of their old friends. When they finally made it inside, a loud shriek stopped them in their tracks. They turned to see Elizabeth and Scarlett running towards them making Melissa join in on the screaming.

She started running towards them to meet them halfway. When they finally reached each other they threw their arms around each other and hugged for what felt like hours. The three of them hadn't been together in so long and they dearly missed each other.

"Oh my god I've missed you guys so much!" Melissa said to them once they finally stopped hugging.

"We've missed you too!"

"It's been way too long!"

"Well as happy as I am to see you, I'm dying to see your beautiful children and grandchildren!" Elizabeth said excitedly.

"I can't believe you're a grandma! You're way too hot to be a grandma," Scarlett chuckled.

"Now I gotta agree with that," Tom said as he finally joined his wife, the rest of the family making their way behind him. "But I gotta complain that you said nothing about being excited to see her beautiful husband," Tom grinned.

"Hi Tom," Scarlett giggled as she went over to hug him.

"It's good to see you," Elizabeth joined in.

They continued their way through the party, trying to greet as many people as they could. They seemed to draw the attention of everyone they passed since they travelled as a group of nine. They wanted to go around together to greet everyone before they parted ways and did their own things.

"Is that my favorite family I see?"

"Robert!"

"Melissa my dear!" Robert said as he brought her into a hug.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made Melissa turn her head. She squealed when she saw who is it was. "Tommy!" she said as she let go of Robert and tackled Tom Holland into a hug.

"Hi mum," he smiled as he tightened his grip on her. "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long!"

She placed a motherly kiss on his forehead before pulling away. "Well you've been living out here in LA for like five years now! How are Zendaya and the twins by the way? How old are they now?"

"They just turned fourteen! They're good. We're all good. We have been talking about maybe moving back though. We're all really missing London. We miss your baking even more though!"

"Ooh I really hope you guys do! It'd be nice to have you guys close by again. But for now, lucky for you, I baked a bunch of stuff at Mia's house this morning and I put aside a few things for you and your family."

"Oh my god I love you," he said before kissing her cheek. He went and greeted the rest of the family before addressing all of them. "Robert said that they're going to start serving food in a few minutes but I'll be sure to come find you after. Zendaya and the boys will be happy to see you guys."

Just like Tom had said, there was an announcement from the DJ that the food was going to be served so everyone needed to take a seat. Once everyone was seated, Robert grabbed the mic to give a speech. "Hello everyone! Thank you so much for being here. You obviously all know how I am," he said with a straight face making everyone chuckle. "I can't believe it's been twenty years since Endgame came out. I can't believe it's been thirty-one since Iron Man came out. It truly has been a wild ride but one that I am incredibly grateful and blessed to have experienced. I have met so many amazing people who have become some of my closest friends. Jon, Gwen, and Don I started this journey with you and I am glad I ended it with you too. And to my original six, yes six, because I consider Tom to be one of the originals. The Avengers wouldn't have formed without Loki so if anything we have him to thank for these movies." This made Tom blush and everyone cheer.

"Hell yeah! Loki is finally getting the recognition he deserves!" Olivia shouted. Everyone knew how obsessed she was with her dad's character so they all cheered even louder after what she said.

"Well I'll ignore that fact that Olivia didn't cheer for Iron Man. Anyways, I know you're all hungry so I'll shut up now. Enjoy the wonderful meal that has been prepared for us and enjoy the evening!"

The rest of the evening was better than they thought it would be. Tom and Melissa caught up with all their friends and got to meet a lot of their kids. Things had changed so much and it was truly amazing to see how much everyone had grown. Seeing everyone's kids and grandkids hanging out with each other was probably the best part. The way that they could all get together like no time at all had passed was always amazing. They didn't see each other often but this was truly a family.