Chapter 69

January 2021

Since the pandemic started, Daniel and Mia had been out of school. Classes had just started back up in person but after much discussion they decided that having the kids do online schooling would be best. Mia was now picking up more jobs and it would just be easier for them to not have to go back and forth. Luckily their school was very accommodating and made this possible for them. Daniel would even be able to graduate with his class in June.

Tom had also been cast in a new show, The Essex Serpent, and would have to go England to film. Normally he would go alone and the rest of the them would stay back in Atlanta. Now that they had Olivia, they didn't want Tom to have to be away from her so they would all be going with him. They would be leaving next month and then be back right on time for Daniel's graduation.

Daniel had been working at the bakery since August. He had originally only planned to work there while Kimberly was with Mia in North Carolina. He was going to find a new job once she came back but he ended up really enjoying it. So now they had two lead bakers, an assistant baker, and three other part time employees, including Daniel. Since having Olivia, Melissa decided to step down as a baker and just help Kimberly run the business. She already missed it so much but she still baked a lot at home and now she would just rather spend time at home with her kids and husband.

Mia had wrapped filming for Scream in November and wasn't currently working on anything. She had been on a few auditions and was now just waiting to hear back. So for now, when she wasn't doing school work, she would occasionally spend time at the bakery while Daniel was working. She was also close to the rest of the employees so would often times find herself mingling with them when they weren't too busy.

Daniel was currently working and Mia was sitting at one of the tables reading over a script for an audition. She was so focused and hadn't noticed anyone walk in. She didn't stop reading until she heard a voice right behind her. "Mia?"

She turned around and came face to face with someone she had only ever interacted online with. "Finn?" she stood up quickly. "Uh hi. What are you doing here?"

"Well I'm here in Atlanta filming Stranger Things and found this place and thought I stopped by." He gestured toward the chair in front of the one Mia was using, "Can I sit?"

"Oh uh yeah. Of course."

He ran his hand down his face and sighed. "Actually I lied before. I uh knew you lived here and kind of stalked your Instagram and found out your family owned this place. I walked by hoping you'd be here," he said shyly.

Mia felt the blush immediately rise to her cheeks. "Well here I am," she smiled.

"I've been wanting to meet you for a while now," he blushed. "I'm gonna be here until September so I was kinda hoping maybe we can hang out sometime."

Mia smiled brightly at him. She couldn't deny the fact that she was a smiling mess when he first commented on her post and called her beautiful. They had commented on each other's posts a few times but it never went further than that. But now he wanted to hang out with her. "Like on a date?"

"If that's okay with you."

"Yeah I'd like that," she smiled. "But um I'm leaving to England next month and won't be back until June."

"Well if you're free right now, maybe we can go take a walk in the park?"

"Um okay yeah," she blushed. "Just give me minute," she said before standing up. She stuffed her script into her backpack and walked to the cash register.

Daniel had been watching the interaction the whole time and was trying so hard not to laugh at how much his sister blushing. "So what's new sis?" he teased when she approached him.