Chapter 35

June 2018

Tom and Melissa's relationship had been public for about two months now and they had spent the past two months hiding away from the world. They had gotten so used to their relationship being so private that they were hesitant to have the whole world really see it. They had posted about each other a few times but that was their own choice, they weren't sure they were ready for paparazzi to get involved. They knew they couldn't stay hidden forever. Their family deserved to live a normal life despite now being one of the most trending families in the world.

"Kids go get ready," Melissa said as she walked into the living room with Tom.

Daniel paused the movie they were watching before looking up a them. "Where are we going?"

"Six Flags," Tom said.

"Wait," Mia jumped out of her seat. "Really? What about paparazzi?"

"We can't let them stop us from living our lives. We are a family and we deserve to go out like one," Melissa said.

"So go get dressed quickly and we'll meet you in the car."

About ten minutes later and they were on their way. The kids had been to six flags a few times and loved it so they were so excited. They were even more excited to finally be doing this with Tom. They had only spoken to each other about it but they were a little worried that Tom might've been embarrassed of them. Since going public, he had been a lot more open about his relationship with their mom than he had been with them. They knew they should talk to him eventually but they didn't want to put a damper on the day.

About a thirty minute drive later and they had finally arrived. Tom had ended up buying passes for Mia and Daniel to come back with their friends.

As soon as they walked into the park, eyes were on them. They had on their typical sunglasses and hats but that obviously wasn't enough to stop people from staring. The four of them did their best to ignore it and just continue on with their day.

It was already past noon when they arrived so they didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the park. The kids were left in charge of deciding which rides they would go on. They of course chose all the biggest rides. Melissa enjoyed rollercoasters but she was still scared every time she rode them.

The first ride they went on was Goliath. Tom of course splurged for the Flash Passes so they were able to skip all the lines. Mia and Daniel sat at the very front of the rollercoaster with Melissa and Tom sitting right behind them.

As soon as the ride took off and started slowly making it's way up, Melissa grabbed Tom's hand. "Ay Dios mio," she mumbled.

"Mom relax!" Daniel shouted from the front seat.

"Yeah mom! It'll be over before you know it!" Mia added.

Melissa groaned as they continued their way up. Once they got to the top, Tom squeezed her hand which was still in his. As soon as they started tipping forward, Melissa let out an ear piercing scream. Her screaming didn't stop through all the loops and drops of the ride. The kids were having the time of their lives and Tom just couldn't help but chuckle at the way Melissa was pretty much holding him like her life depended on it.

Once the ride came to a stop, they all looked at Melissa who was flushed. "You okay mom?" Mia chuckled.

"Yes baby I'm fine," she breathed out. "But I think I'll just sit out the rest of the rides," she chuckled.

They stayed in the park for a few more hours. Melissa did get on a couple more rides but usually she just waited for them at the exits. The day was a blast, especially for the kids. They did get stopped for pictures a few times, fans mainly wanting to take pictures with Tom and Melissa. It seemed like most people didn't know who Mia and Daniel were even though they were introduced publicly at the premiere. Some fans would look at the two, obviously wondering who they were but Tom never bothered to introduce them. This just seemed to make them worry more that what they were feeling might be true.

When they got home, Tom and Melissa noticed that Mia and Daniel's mood had switched. "Okay guys we just had a great day and you guys looked like you were having fun so why does it look like you two are miserable now," Melissa said.

"What's on your mind?" Tom asked as they all moved to the couch.

"Um Tom can we ask you something?" Daniel asked shyly.

"Of course. You know you could ask me any-"

"Are you embarrassed of us?" Mia interrupted.

This caught Tom completely of guard. "Wha- What do you- What would make you think that?" Tom stuttered.

"It's just that ever since you guys have gone public, its like you only ever talk about mom," Mia said.

"And you only ever post pictures of her or of just you two. We are nowhere on your social media," Daniel added.

"And it's not like we're looking for the attention or follows or whatever but it just feels like mom is the only part of the family you wanna show off," Mia's voice was now shaking.

"Oh no my darlings. I am so sorry I have made you feel that way. Come here," Melissa scooted over and Tom patted the two seats on either side of him. "I need you both to know that I love you so much. And I never want you to think I am embarrassed of you. I am incredibly proud to have you as my family and would love nothing more than to show you off to the world. But your mum and I had a very long discussion about this. We wanted you both to have a sense of privacy and we thought keeping you out of the media would be the best way to do that."

"Well now I feel like a jerk for thinking that," Daniel joked.

"No mi amor you have every right to feel that way. We should've talked to you both about this before deciding," Melissa said.

"Look I'd love to post more of our life as a family but I have always tried to keep my private life private. But at the same time, I've never had an actual family to call my own like this and if your mum is okay with it, I'd love to show the world every part of my family."

Tom, Mia, and Daniel all looked over to Melissa who sighed knowing that she probably wouldn't be winning this argument. "Fine. Fine. But there needs to be rules for both your accounts if you will now be known by the world." Both of them agreed happily.

"I love you both so much," Tom said.

"We love you too."

***

Tom Hiddleston posted a photo

twhiddleston never leave your phone laying around when you live with two teenagerstagged: @miaflores @danielflores

tagged: @miaflores @danielflores

username oh my god. just realized that tom is now a stepfather to teenagers!

elizabetholsen my babies!!
tomholland2013 my siblings!!
robertdowneyjr my grand children!!
miaflores love you guys!!

username they have a relationship with all the marvel cast and I am insanely jealous
username they're probably just using them for followers