Chapter 73

July 2021

It had been almost a year since Finn Wolfhard had first commented on one of Mia's posts and he had been commenting on them ever since. They had only ever had conversations in her comment section and it was never more than a few replies. Then six months ago he stumbled into her family's bakery and they met for the first time. He was in town filming Stranger Things and they spent almost all their free time together. Her family had left for London about a month after that and they had texted daily. She had just gotten back from London and she didn't really know where they stood. In the past six months of talking they grew really close. She started to really like him but they hadn't really talked about what would happen when she came back home. She was also going to be leaving to Romania in two months to film Wednesday so she didn't know how he would feel about long distance. She didn't even know if he really felt the same way. They had technically gone on a first date but every time they hung out after that was always very casual. They never even held hands.

***

iMessage

Finn
are you finally back in atlanta??

Mia ☀️
yup!
we just got back last night but I'm still extremely jet lagged

Finn
oh no I'm sorry to hear that
but I am very glad that you're back!

Mia ☀️
oh and why is that?

Finn
well I was hoping to see you
maybe dinner?

Mia ☀️
yeah I'm down
do you want to meet at the burger spot we usually go to?

Finn
well I was kinda hoping we can go somewhere a little nicer

Mia ☀️
so um like a date?

Finn
yes like a date
like a real date where we dress up and I pick you up and your parents try to scare me off but they end up liking me because I'm a respectful gentleman and then we go out to eat and I bring you home before curfew and walk you to your door and I ask you out on another date

Mia ☀️

that sounds perfecthow does tomorrow at 6 sound?

that sounds perfect
how does tomorrow at 6 sound?

Finn
I'll see you then beautiful

***

"Mom!" Mia shouted from her room. She had never really gone on a date like the one Finn described and she was incredibly nervous. Her first date was with a senior at her school when she was fourteen and that obviously went horribly. After that she had gone on a couple dates with some people she knew from school. Then when she met Finn they went out a few times but it was always very casual and this was going to be the first time they saw each other in about five months. "Mom!" she shouted again when she got no reply.