Chapter 80*

2024

Mia and Daniel had been living in Los Angeles for about two years now and their lives had been incredibly busy. Mia had been working a lot more and Daniel continued to travel with her as her bodyguard/assistant. Tom, Melissa, and Olivia had been loving life in London. Tom didn't realize how much he had truly missed London until he was finally living there again. Tom was working as usual but also spent a lot of time at home. He really wanted to be present in Olivia's life as much as he could. Melissa had thought about finding a new job now that she didn't really have the bakery anymore but Tom insisted that she didn't really need to and she honestly would rather spend time with Olivia. She never thought she would enjoy being a stay at home mom but she was loving it. She was getting to spend so much time with Olivia and Tom when he wasn't working. She also loved that she got the chance to get even closer to Tom's family. Mia and Daniel visited frequently and of course went to spend the holidays with them along with Kimberly and Jorge.

It had been a long time since Tom and Melissa had any alone time. When they got together they always had Mia and Daniel around. The only time they really had was the few hours the kids were at school or during dates. Then when Mia and Daniel left home they now had a Olivia. Their relationship didn't have a conventional start. Most people date, get married, move in together, and then have kids. This gave most couples plenty of alone time to just be together but they've had kids their entire relationship. The only time they ever took a vacation alone was their honeymoon. They wouldn't change anything about their life but they also wish they had more opportunities to just enjoy time together.

"Hello! Is anybody home?"

They weren't expecting any guests so Melissa went running out when she heard the door open. Her face lit up in surprise and excitement when she saw her two oldest children walk through the front door. "Oh my goodness! What are you guys doing here?" she gasped as she threw her arms around her children.

"We have a surprise for you," Daniel smiled.

"Where's dad and Livi?" Mia asked.

"They're upstairs. He just finished giving her a bath so they should be down here soon. Are you guys hungry? Did you eat already? I was just about to make lunch."

"We were hoping we'd get here just in time for you to be making lunch."

"We miss your cooking so much!"

"Well then I'll make your favorite," Melissa smiled. She didn't get to see Mia and Daniel very often any more so she was extremely happy to have them there.

"Mia! Danny!" Olivia screamed when she walked into the kitchen to see her siblings. They both brought her into a big hug.

Once they were done smothering Olivia with kisses, Tom went over and wrapped them each in a hug and placed kisses on both their heads. "What a great surprise!"

"Well we have one more surprise for you guys," Daniel said.

"Here," Mia said as she pulled a large envelope out of her bag and handed it to her parents.

They gave each other confused looks before pulling out what was inside. "What is this?" Melissa asked.

"Well we know that you guys haven't had any alone time basically the whole time you've been together and the only vacation you've ever taken together was your honeymoon. So we figured you guys could use a week away."

"Just the two of you."

"You're sending us to Venice?" Melissa gasped.

"This is lovely but you guys didn't need to spend your money on us," Tom said. "You work hard for that."