Chapter 42*

February 2019

"Are you sure?" Melissa asked.

"Yes! Absolutely!" Victoria insisted.

"We wouldn't want to impose on your evening. Surely you have plans already," Tom said.

"Ha! No I don't so you wouldn't be imposing at all. C'mon it's Valentine's Day and I know you're leaving to London in a few weeks so you should go spend some alone time together. Just leave Mia and Danny with me for the night and go enjoy yourselves."

"Well thank you. We really appreciate it," Tom said.

"We'll drop them off later today then. They just need to go pack a night bag."

"Perfect! I'll have the whole night planned for us!" Victoria said excitedly.

Victoria was Mia's costar on You, playing the role of Love. Mia didn't have much screen time with her but the two became incredibly close. With their nine year age gap they had, Victoria had taken the role of the big sister, and with Daniel being on set so much, she took him in as well. After asking Melissa and Tom what their Valentine's Day plans were, she was shocked to hear that they hadn't planned anything since they had the kids with them. She immediately offered to babysit for the night so that they could spend it alone together.

Once Mia was done on set for the day, they went to their rented home so that the kids could pack an overnight bag to take to Victoria's.

"I want both of you on your absolute best behavior. Victoria is being very kind in letting you guys stay with her for the night," Melissa said as they walked up the path to Victoria's front door.

"We will. Don't worry mom," Daniel said.

It only took a few seconds for her to open the door after they knocked. "Hello!" she said in a sing-songy voice. She moved to the side to let the four of them in. "Wow! You guys look great! Where are you going so dressed up?" she asked after seeing Melissa and Tom.

"I don't know! Tom doesn't want to tell me!" Melissa rolled her eyes playfully.

"It's a surprise darling," Tom teased. "Thank you again for letting them stay here."

"It's no problem! We'll see you guys tomorrow on set!" Victoria said.

"Please call us if you need anything. And I expect you two to be on your best behavior!" Melissa said to her children.

"We will! Go have fun!" Daniel said.

"Okay. I love you guys!" Melissa said as her and Tom walked hand in hand to the door.

"Love you! Bye mom! Bye dad!" Tom couldn't help but smile every time one of the kids referred to him as dad.

Once they got back into the car, they drove for about thirty minutes before they arrived at their destination. They walked in and Melissa was very surprised to see the restaurant empty, especially on Valentine's Day.

"Two for Hiddleston," Tom said.

"Right this way," the waiter smiled as he led them a room that had a single table in it.

The waiter left to give them time to look over the menu. "Tom how did you put this all together so quickly?"

"I hate to do it but I just told them my name and they were very accommodating. But anything for you my darling."

"Thank you Tom. I love you."

"I love you."

Dinner was delicious. They spent the night talking about themselves, the kids, the wedding. They were brought out of conversation at the growing sound of music approaching them. Melissa recognized the song immediately and got so excited as a mariachi group walked in. Tom smiled at her before standing up and offering her a hand. She smiled back at him as she set her hand in his.