Chapter 5

February 2017

It had been about a month since Tom first strolled in to Floresita Panadería. He had gone almost everyday after he was done on set. Depending on how busy the bakery was, he would sometimes stay and eat there. He liked the fact that Melissa didn't know who he was and he really didn't want it to come out because of a few fans that recognized him in front of her. It was really refreshing for him to be able to just eat and be himself around her. They hadn't really had any deep conversations, most of their time together had been spent with Tom eating, Melissa singing, or the two of them just joking around and engaging in small talk. But Tom felt himself becoming infatuated with her. He wanted to start having those deep conversations with her and wanted to get to know her better.

Melissa found herself getting excited for the end of the day. For the past month, Tom had been showing up to her bakery nearly everyday. The time they were able to spend alone together at night made her surprisingly happy. Normally she would have at least two other employees there with her but they usually clocked out an hour before closing since it usually wasn't very busy. She was glad for this because it meant just getting to be with Tom. When she first met him, she couldn't help but blush at how handsome and kind he was but as time passed she started getting butterflies whenever he would walk in.

Kimberly handled more of the business aspects of the bakery but would occasionally come in to help. When she wasn't working behind the scenes or helping in the bakery, she would watch Daniel and Mia. She was the one to pick them up from school and then they would stay at her house until Melissa would pick them up.

"Hi mom!"

"Hi mis amores. How was your day today?"

"It was good."

"Did you guys finish your homework?"

"Yeah."

"Great! Well go get your stuff so we can go home." Melissa always seemed happy when she would pick up her kids but lately it seemed different. Kimberly noticed a certain glint in her eyes.

"What's going on with you?" Kimberly asked her sister once they were left alone in the living room.

"Nothing. Why?"

"Something seems different about you. I don't know, you seem happier."

"Just happy to see my kids after a long day," she smiled.

"Mhm," Kimberly said suspiciously. "Well I'm glad to see it."

"Thanks again for watching them for me."

"You know you don't have to thank me every time. I love them and it's a pleasure to have them here."

Kimberly knew something was up with Melissa. She didn't want to pry, knowing that her sister would tell her about it when she was ready.

Tom not stopping by the bakery for one or two days was pretty normal, Melissa figured he was busy since he had mentioned he worked on movies. But it had been about a week and she hadn't seen him. She didn't know if she was worried or if she just missed having him around. She had no way of finding out what happened. She had no way of contacting him so she just hoped he would show up again soon.

Tom wished he would've had time to go in and speak to Melissa before he had to leave for a week. He had to fly back to London for the premiere of Kong: Skull Island. He missed her. He hardly knew her but he missed her. He could barely focus on anything other than her. This didn't go unnoticed by his costars. He was usually very focused on his work but he seemed to just want to get the premiere over with.

"You okay?" Brie asked taking him out of his thoughts.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just seem a little distracted. It's unlike you. You're usually so laser focused."

"Just some stuff on my mind I guess. But I'm okay, I promise," he smiled reassuringly.

"Well if you wanna talk I'm here."

"Well thank you."

The premiere went well and the after party was a lot of fun. But Tom still found himself just thinking about Melissa. He couldn't wait to fly back to Atlanta and go see her again. Being away from her made him realize he wanted to get to know her better. He wanted to know everything about her. As soon as he got back he was going to go to her bakery and ask her on a date. He knew that this meant he would have to tell her who he was. He didn't want to start a relationship with her without being completely honest. He just hoped that, first of all, she would say yes and then that she wouldn't be upset that he didn't tell her the full truth to begin with.

***

Tom Hiddleston posted a photo

twhiddleston Catch Kong: Skull Island in theaters everywhere on March 10!tagged: @brielarson @samuelljackson

tagged: @brielarson @samuelljackson