Chapter 60

May 2020

Since quarantine was still going on and Tom was still not back on set, he was able to spend every minute with Melissa and the kids. He was absolutely loving it, especially since she was pregnant. When they first talked about having a baby he was extremely nervous she would get pregnant when he had work lined up out of the country. So he was extremely grateful that he was getting the chance to fully experience Melissa's pregnancy with her.

"Tom," Melissa whispered. She nudged his side to get his attention, "Tom," she whispered a little louder.

"Hmm," he groaned.

"Tom wake up!" she whisper shouted.

"What's going on?" he said as his eyes shot open in worry. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"Yeah we're fine but uh I'm hungry," she said bashfully.

He turned to look at his phone and groaned, "Melissa it is two in the morning how could you possibly be hungry right now?" He was annoyed that she had woken him up.

"Oh um I'll just go back to sleep," she was fighting to hold back her tears. "I'm sorry I woke you up." She turned around and tried to keep her sniffles as quiet as possible. She really didn't want to make Tom feel bad but she couldn't help but cry.

"Sweetheart will you please look at me." She didn't move and tried to hold in her quiet sobs. "Love please turn around." Melissa turned to look at him, her cheeks now stained with tears. "I'm sorry. What would you like me to get you?"

"No it's okay. Just go back to sleep. I can wait until morning," she sniffled.

"Darling I'm already awake now. Just please tell me what you want and I'll go make it for you."

She smiled through her tears and puckered her lips, silently asking for a kiss. After giving her a quick kiss, he stood up to grab his robe. "Would you be willing to go and get me some fries from McDonald's?"

"Darling you know you're not supposed to be eating junk right now," he sighed.

"I know but it's what me and baby are craving right now. I promise I'll eat really healthy the rest of the week."

"Fine," he smiled. He put down his robe and instead went to the closet to grab a sweater, pants, and shoes. "I'll be back as soon as I can. Try not to go back to sleep until I get back."

About twenty minutes later, Tom got back home and was pleased to see that Melissa was sitting on their bed wide awake. She smiled when she saw him walk in with the familiar brown bag. "I have the best husband in the whole wide world!"

"Anything for you my darling. Now enjoy those fries because I will be stuffing you with the healthiest foods for the rest of the week," he chuckled.

"I would expect nothing less," she giggled.

It only took Melissa about five minutes to finish her french fries and she enjoyed every bite of it. "I'm going to light a candle so our room doesn't smell like fries the rest of the night. Give me your trash so I can go take it downstairs. I'll be right back," he said as he walked towards the bedroom door.

"Gracias mi amor!"

Tom came back quickly and chuckled at the sight he saw when he walked in. Melissa was already fast asleep, taking up most of Tom's side of the bed, little snores leaving her lips. He walked to the bed and bent down on his knees and leaned over to place his hands on her belly. He put his face as close as he could without waking her, "Hi there my love. It's daddy," he smiled. "The doctor said that you can hear us now so we should start talking to you. I can't wait to meet you and hold you. I hope you look like your mother because she is the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on. She is the best mum in the world and she has so much love to give you. And you already have a lot of people that love you; your siblings, your grandparents and all your aunts and uncles. Even Bobby already loves you, he lays next to mummy's belly whenever she takes naps on the couch," he giggled as he pictured this happening everyday. "Well I think it's time for me to go to sleep. I'll talk to you again soon my darling. I love you so much." He placed a soft kiss on her belly before standing back up and blowing out the candle. He slowly slid into bed and gently brought Melissa into his arms. It didn't take long for sleep to overcome him and the both of them didn't wake up again until the late morning.