Chapter 14

May 2017

Elizabeth Olsen posted a photo

elizabetholsen I can't get enough of these delicious pastries!tagged: @floresitapanaderia

tagged: @floresitapanaderia

scarlettjohansson you better be bringing me some!

robertdowneyjr I am upset that you haven't taken me there

chrisevans how could you deprive us of good dessert??

***

Elizabeth had gone back to Floresita Panaderia a few times since Tom took her there. She not only loved the pastries and drinks they had to offer but she wanted to get to know Melissa better. She was the only one that Tom had told about them being official and she was extremely happy for them.

"Hey Mel!" Elizabeth said as she walked up to the counter of the bakery. The bakery was a little busy so Elizabeth tried her best to keep her presence unknown.

"Hey Lizzie how are you?" Melissa said.

"Good! So the rest of the cast has been bugging me like crazy to bring them some of your desserts so is there any way I can place a large order?"

"Oh yeah of course. I can have it ready for you to pick up tomorrow if that works?"

"Well I was thinking maybe you could drop it off so you could meet everybody?"

"Oh I don't know. You'd have to talk to Tom about it first. I don't know how he'd feel about that."

"What if I ask him first?"

"I guess that'd be okay then but don't make him feel like he needs to say yes. I don't want to pressure him into introducing me to his friends before he's ready."

"Don't worry about it. I'll text him right now. But can I also get a concha and champurrado to go please?"

"Of course," Melissa smiled.

***

iMessage

Lizzie Olsen
hey Tom!
how would you feel about introducing Mel to everyone tomorrow?

Tom Hiddleston
I'd love for everyone to meet her but I don't know how she'd feel about it

Lizzie Olsen
well I just asked her and she said as long as you're okay with it

Tom Hiddleston
wait are you with her right now?

Lizzie Olsen
yeah I came to place an order to take to work tomorrow and suggested she drop it off so everyone could meet her

Tom Hiddleston
well as long as she's up for it I'd love for her to come
I think I'm ready for them to know

***

"He said and I quote 'I'd love for everyone to meet her,'" Elizabeth said as she grabbed her to go order. Melissa couldn't help but smile. "I'll get everything cleared with security and then you could just call me when you get there so I can go get you."

"Sounds perfect!"

"I'll see you tomorrow! Bye Mel!" she said as she walked away.

Melissa was now glad that she hadn't seen any of the Marvel movies because if she had she would be feeling incredibly nervous to meet a bunch of famous actors. Now she was just nervous to meet Tom's friends, who he really saw as family.

"Oh my god was that Elizabeth Olsen?" Mireya, her other head baker, asked after she saw the woman walk out the door.

"Oh uh yeah," she said nervously.

"And you two know each other by first name?"

"Yeah kinda."

"Okay girl I need details!"

"Um actually I think I need to have a meeting with everyone," Melissa said. She knew that dating Tom meant he'd probably be around more. He usually came into the shop after hours but she'd like for him to have the option to come whenever he'd like. She didn't want to have to hide this from her employees, who she also considered her friends. "I'll send out a text but I'll need everyone to stay a little late today."

"Okay sure yeah. That's fine," Mireya said confused before getting back to work.

Melissa texted Tom that she had to stay late for a meeting so she'd just have to see him tomorrow. Melissa texted their work group chat so that everyone could be there. They had five employees, Mireya, Genesis, Isaac, David, and Jennifer. Kimberly also joined for the meeting, bringing Daniel and Mia along with her so Melissa could just take them home with her.

"Thank you guys all for being here. I know some of you weren't working today so I appreciate you making time. So you guys are all probably wondering why I called you into this last minute meeting." All her employees nodded in reply. "Well before I say anything, I need all of you to swear to secrecy. It is very serious and if we find out any of you has said anything, we will be forced to fire you."

"I can't take it anymore, we all promise not to tell! Can you just tell us already?!" They all hummed in agreement.

"So as you guys know, the new Avengers movie is filming not too far from here. Elizabeth Olsen was seen in here today but you may see some other actors here in the future. Tom Hiddleston being someone you may see very often."

"Tom Hiddleston?! Oh my god he's so hot!" Jennifer said. Daniel and Mia looked up from their phones, trying to hold back their laughs.

"Um I should probably also mention that he's my boyfriend."

Silence filled the room as everyone sat in shock. Kimberly tried to hold back her chuckle at everyone's reaction.

"You're dating Tom Hiddleston?" David asked in disbelief.

"Yeah I am and I hope I could trust you all to keep this a secret," Melissa said seriously.

"Holy shit," David chuckled.

"Well good for you Mel," Mireya smiled.

"Yeah he seems like a such a gentleman," Genesis said.

"Have Danny and Mia met him yet?" Isaac asked.

"We have and we love him," Mia smiled, still looking at her phone.

"So when do we get to meet him?" David asked.

"Well he comes here regularly, just usually after-hours. But now that you all know maybe I'll tell him he could come during the day. But you guys need to remain professional. This is still a place of business."

"Well we're all very happy for you Mel and we promise to keep it to ourselves," Jenn said genuinely.

"Thank you guys. It means a lot."