Chapter 10

March 2017

The next day, Melissa left work early so that she could pick up Daniel and Mia from school and spend some time with them. She knew she had to talk to them about Tom and she wasn't sure how they would take it. She had never introduced them to any previous men she dated and she didn't even know how to go about it.

They both ran to the car when they saw that it was their mom picking them up. Daniel jumping in the front seat and Mia in the back.

"Hi mis amores!"

"Hi mom! Where's Tia Kim?"

"Well I figured we could spend the day together? What do you think?"

"Yes!" they both shouted excitedly. Because of her job, she didn't get to spend much time with them during the week. They both understood, but they really missed her while she was at work.

Melissa planned on taking them to the mall. She let them each buy one thing before they walked to the ice cream parlor inside.

"I need to talk to you both about something," she said seriously. "So as you both know I have gone on a few dates with Tom recently. And a few days ago he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"No. Fucking. Way." Mia said.

"Mia Isabella Flores!" Melissa gasped at her daughter's language.

"Sorry mom but how do you expect me to react when you tell us your boyfriend is Tom Hiddleston," Mia whispered to not draw attention to them.

"So what do you guys think about us?" Melissa asked worried.

"Mom if it wasn't obvious already, we approve. I mean he's Loki!" Daniel said excitedly.

"Okay but I don't want you guys to just approve because of that."

"Mom," Mia said grabbing her mom's hands. "We just want you to be happy and if he does that, we approve."

"When did you guys get so mature?" Melissa smirked.

"Well we had a good mom raising us," Daniel smiled.

"Well I hoped this would go well cause he's coming over to meet you guys on Saturday."

Daniel and Mia both let out quiet shrieks of excitement. They hadn't really met him properly so they were excited that he'd be going to their house. Melissa told them that they needed to treat him like a normal person instead of a celebrity. They promised they would try.

***

"Guys! Tom will be here any second!" Melissa shouted. They both walked into the kitchen where they heard her coming from. There was a knock on the door and Melissa felt her nerves sky rocket. "Guys, go wait in the living room, okay." They both went to sit on the couch as Melissa went to open the door.

She took a deep breath before opening the door. There stood Tom with a bouquet of flowers and two gift bags. "Hello darling," he smiled.

"Hi Tom," she stood on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips. "Come in."

"These are for you," he handed her the flowers.

"Thank you," she smiled. "They're beautiful."

He took a moment to look around, it was the first time he had been to her apartment. "So where are they?"

"In the living room. C'mon they're really excited to meet you," she pulled him towards where Daniel and Mia were waiting.

"Danny, Mia, I want you to meet Tom."

They both looked up and tried to keep their excitement hidden.

"Hi Danny! Hi Mia! I'm Tom. It's nice to meet you."

"Hi Tom," they both smiled shyly.

Tom reached back and grabbed the gift bags he brought with him. "I brought you guys a little something," he said as he handed them the gifts.

They opened it excitedly and their faces lit up when they pulled out the Funko Pops. "Wait! These are from Thor: Ragnarok!" Daniel shouted in disbelief. Tom simply smirked at their excitement.

"But the movie isn't even out yet! Thank you so much!" Mia jumped forward and caught Tom by surprise when she wrapped her arms around him.

"No problem Mia," Tom smiled as he gently wrapped his arms around the girl.

"Thanks Tom!" Daniel said fist bumping him.

"My pleasure Danny."

"Okay my loves, time for dinner," Melissa said. The kids ran to the kitchen to take their seat. Melissa walked over to a still stunned Tom. "That was very sweet of you," she kissed his cheek.

Tom couldn't help the smile on his face as he followed Melissa towards the kitchen table. They all sat down and ate the enchiladas that Melissa prepared for them.

"So Tom what can you tell us about Thor: Ragnorak?" Daniel smirked.

"I wish I could tell you guys everything but then you wouldn't enjoy it as much," Tom chuckled. "So who are your favorite characters?"

"I like Thor!" Daniel said.

"I like Black Widow!" Mia said. "She's such a badass!"

"Mia Isabella Flores!"

"Language!" Daniel chuckled. "That's the second time this week that mom legal named you."

"Sorry mom," Mia said shyly.

"Well maybe I can bring you guys to set one day to meet them."

"Can we mom?" they both asked excitedly.

"Sure," she giggled. She loved how well Tom and the kids had been getting along. Melissa couldn't help but smile the whole night and how well it went.

"Thank you for letting me meet them. They're great kids," Tom smiled as they stood outside the front door, saying bye for the night.

"Thank you" she smiled. "I'm so glad my favorite people in the world all got along so well."

"Oh I'm one of your favorite people?" he smirked.

"Mhm," she smiled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to attach her lips to his. They both smiled into the kiss, loving the feeling of being close. "Call me when you get to your hotel so I know you got there safe."

"I will. Goodnight darling. I'll see you soon," he placed one last kiss on her lips before turning around and leaving.