Chapter 44

April 2019

Phone Call
Incoming Call from Tom 💚
Accept or Decline

"Hi sweetheart! I was just about to call you!"

"Hello love! I figured I'd try to catch you before you got there."

"Well you're just in time. We're on our way to the premiere right now. Say hi kids!"

M & D: "Hi dad!"

"Hi my darlings!"

"It was so nice of them to invite us even though you wouldn't be there."

"I can't wait to hear what you guys think!"

"Well we'll be sure to call you after to let you know."

"I can't wait. Say hi to everyone for me! I love you guys!"

"We love you! Bye!"

***

They had just arrived at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Melissa, Mia, and Daniel were all very nervous. This would be their first time to an event like this without Tom by their side. They knew all their friends would be there but they would all be busy with the press. Tom's publicist was accompanying them and assured them that they would need to just pose for pictures and then they could make their way inside. Melissa was relieved to hear that they didn't need to do interviews since Tom wasn't with them.

They made their way through the carpet fairly quickly, just getting a few shots together. They were happy to finally make it inside where they could greet all their friends. Once they made it inside, they were immediately surrounded by their friends.

"Mel!" Melissa heard and was soon tackled into a hug.

"Lizzie! I've missed you!"

"Me too! It has been way to long!"

"Well we're in LA for two more months so please come visit us any time!"

"I might just take you up on that!"

"My dears!" Robert said as he approached the three of them.

"Hi Rob," Melissa smiled before hugging him.

"Hi grandpa!" Daniel and Mia said once they got the chance to hug him.

"You my dear Mia! I can't wait to watch your new show! When does it come out?"

"December I think."

"Well we are all so proud of you and should definitely plan a viewing party."

"That would be awesome! Thank you!"

While Mia and Daniel went along to greet everyone else, Melissa approached Robert. She had something to discuss with him. "Robert do you think I can talk to you in private for a second?"

"Of course, is everything okay?" Robert asked as they walked to a nearby bench.

"Yes everything is perfect but there was something I wanted to ask you," Robert nodded, signaling her to continue. "So as you know, my dad sadly is no longer with us. I know we've only known each other for a short time but you let my kids call you grandpa, and you've become a sort of father figure to me. I know the wedding is only in three months but I was wondering, if you'd please be a part of our big day by walking me down the aisle?"

Robert had tears running down his face. He pulled her into a hug, "It would be my honor."

They were now both crying, "Thank you so much Robert. I love you."

"I love you too dear."

They made their way back to everyone else and they all looked at them as their eyes were red and puffy. "Were you guys crying?" Evans asked.

"Melissa just asked me to walk her down the aisle at her wedding," Robert said trying not to cry again. They all smiled at the pair and said how great that was, some even getting a little teary eyed knowing that Melissa lost both her parents years ago.

They were all called in to the theatre. The movie started and Melissa and Mia pretty much cried the entire three hours. The whole cast was in the lobby when they walked out of the theatre and had tear stains on their faces. Mia was the first one to speak, "I can't believe what I just watched," she paused. "Tony, Nat, and Cap. All three of you. Gone. Why does Marvel keep breaking my heart," she was now full on sobbing.

"Why did you guys make me watch these movies?! Now I'm emotionally attached to all your characters and I'm heart broken!" Melissa cried.

Robert, Scarlett, and Evans wrapped them in a hug. They was now crying more. They pulled away, "C'mon let's go to the after party, you'll feel better once you get your party on," Evans said.

"Nothing will make me feel better," Mia said pouting at them.

Suddenly Robert put his phone in front of her face and he had Tom on FaceTime. "Can this make you feel better?"

"Dad!" she wiped the tears from her face. "Okay I'm better."

"Oh my god!" Scarlett gasped. "Did she just call him dad?!"

"Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one hat heard that," Chris Hemsworth added.

"Yeah they've been doing that for about five months now. I swear I can see tears forming in Tom's eyes every time they call him dad," Melissa smiled.

"Wait they both call him dad?" Anthony asked.

Melissa simply nodded. There was a chorus of 'awes' at hearing that both Mia and Daniel call Tom dad. Mia, Daniel, and Melissa all talked to Tom for a few minutes, telling him how great the movie was. When they hung up they were all smiling and thanking Robert for doing that.

They all went to the after party and all had a great time. They even made a toast congratulating Mia on her upcoming show, and Melissa on the upcoming wedding. They wished Tom was there with them but they were loving being able to be with all their friends.

***

Daniel Flores posted a photo

danielflores can't believe I got to experience this! this movie is the best thing I've ever seen! (ps

danielflores can't believe I got to experience this! this movie is the best thing I've ever seen! (ps. mom and Mia cried pretty much the whole three hours)