Chapter 15

May 2017

Melissa was led to the parking lot by security and had called Elizabeth to tell her where she was. Melissa was feeling extremely nervous. Not only was she going to be meeting a bunch of celebrities but also some of Tom's closest friends. She wasn't even sure if he told them about her yet. She was pulled out of her thoughts by a knock on her window. There stood a smiling Elizabeth Olsen.

Melissa got out of her car and moved forward to hug her new friend. "Hi Lizzie!"

"Hey Mel!"

Melissa opened her back door to reveal boxes with the bakery's logo on it. "Do you think you can help me with these?"

"Of course. I can't wait for everybody to try these!" Elizabeth said as she took half the boxes from Melissa. They started walking towards the set where everybody was. Melissa felt her nerves rising but she was also excited to see Tom. She hadn't seen him yesterday because of the meeting and she already missed him. "Tom was getting out of his costume and makeup but he should be done by the time we get there."

"Great," she smiled.

They walked for a few minutes before they reached their destination. Elizabeth showed Melissa where they could set the boxes down. It was lunch time so it didn't take long for the actors to start filing in to see what there was to eat.

"Ooh what did you bring us Lizzie?" Robert eyed the treats on the table.

"Finally! This looks delicious!" Scarlett said.

"Where'd you get this?" Hemsworth asked.

"My friend Melissa here owns a Mexican bakery nearby so I figured I'd bring you all some," Elizabeth said.

"Well Melissa this looks fantastic," Sebastian smiled.

Everyone started trying her pastries and were letting out groans of delight. "This is so good!" Anthony exclaimed.

Melissa soon felt a familiar hand touch her waist. She quickly turned and was met with Tom who had the biggest smile on his face. "Hello darling," he said before leaning down and placing a kiss on her lips.

Gasps and chokes were heard from around them. "What the fuck?" Evans exclaimed. Elizabeth stifled a laugh at everyone's reactions.

"Tom would you care to explain who this young lady is?" Robert smirked.

"Everybody this is Melissa, my girlfriend," Tom said proudly as he pulled Melissa into his side.

"When the hell did this happen?" Scarlett asked.

"Two months ago," Tom smiled.

"Two months?" Scarlett gasped.

"Well congratulations mate," Hemsworth patted his back. "And it is lovely to meet you Melissa," he turned towards her. "Care to take a walk with me?"

She looked up at Tom, silently asking if she should go. He saw this coming so he smiled and nodded at her. "Okay uh sure," she smiled.

Tom placed a kiss on her head before letting go of her. "Be nice to her Chris! I quite like her!"

Chris chuckled before putting his arm around her shoulder. "So Melissa tell me about yourself."

"Well I'm thirty-one years old and was born in Mexico. As Lizzie said earlier, I own a bakery nearby. I also have a thirteen year old son and twelve year old daughter."

"Oh wow kids," Chris said in shock. "What are their names?"

"Daniel and Mia." Melissa was growing nervous. Tom had mentioned Chris to her before and said he was one of his best friends.

"So how did you and Tom meet?" Melissa told him everything, knowing that it would do no good to leave anything out. She wanted Chris to like her. "Do you know anything about his ex girlfriend?"

"Only what he told me. Like I said, I didn't know who he was when I met him and it just didn't feel right to look him up. All he told me was that it ended badly and that it happened pretty publicly."

"Well he was very heartbroken and I just want to make sure that doesn't happen again. I'm protective of him."

"Chris believe me when I say this, I care about him very much and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt him in any way."

They talked for a few more minutes before walking back to the group. "Well Tom you have a good one here," Chris smiled.

"Oh I know," Tom smiled as he put his arm around Melissa.

"So Melissa we ask everyone this question, who's your favorite character?" Benedict asked.

Tom held back his laugh, knowing she would be teased about not having one. "Oh I um have actually only seen one of these movies," she said shyly.

"What? How?" Anthony asked shocked.

"Just not the type of movies I really gravitate towards."

"Which one did you watch?" Holland asked.

"The first Iron Man."

"Well I'm just gonna say that I'm your favorite then," Robert smirked.

"Oh are you the one who plays Iron Man?" she asked only now realizing who he was.

"Oh this is great. How'd that feel Downey?" Elizabeth chuckled.

"Okay we gotta do something about this," Evans said. "As soon as you get home, I want you to start watching them all! You gotta catch up before this new one comes out!"

"And how many do I have to watch? And by when?"

"Well there's fourteen out now and there's four more coming out before this one comes out in April 2018."

"Well I better get started then," she smiled. "I'm sure Danny and Mia will be excited about this," she said towards Tom.

"Who's Danny and Mia?"

"My kids," she smiled.

There was a look of shock on some of their faces but it quickly softened when they saw the biggest smile on Tom's face. They knew he always wanted kids, maybe this could be his chance.

"Are they fans?" Holland asked.

"The biggest! I think Danny's favorite is the one with the hammer and Mia's is Black Spider."

"Thor and Black Widow darling," Tom giggled.

"Suck it losers!" Scarlett and Hemsworth both boasted.