Chapter 18

August 2017

Filming for Avengers: Infinity War had just ended. Tom was going back to London to spend some time with his family before having to come back to film in Atlanta for five more months.

"I'll miss you," Melissa said wrapping her arms around Tom's neck. They had driven him to the airport and they were now in an empty part of the parking lot saying their goodbyes.

"I'll miss you too but I'll be back in two weeks," he leaned down to kiss her.

"Bye Tom!"

"We'll miss you!"

Tom smiled before letting Melissa go and going to hug the two kids he adored. "I'm going to miss you guys too." Tom signaled Melissa to join the hug, wrapping his arm around all of them. "I love you all so much. I'll be back before you know it."

The two weeks without Tom were hard. Melissa, Mia, and Daniel had become so accustomed to him being in their lives for the past five months. They all missed him dearly and couldn't wait to have him back.

Tom spent his time in London with either his mom, sisters, or dog. He told his family all about Melissa and the kids. They were a little skeptical about him dating someone with children but by the way he talked about them, they knew that there was no talking him out of it.

Melissa had work so she wouldn't be able to pick up Tom from the airport. Kimberly kindly offered to do so and then drop him off at Melissa's house with Daniel and Mia. What Melissa didn't know was that Tom had planned a surprise for her with her sister's help.

They heard the front door opening and Tom ran to the door to greet his girlfriend. "Tom!" she shouted as she jumped into his arms. "I missed you so much!" she kissed him.

"I missed you too darling," he smiled into the kiss. "But now I need you to go get ready."

"What do you mean? Ready for what?" He just smiled and pulled her to her room. Kimberly was in there folding clothes and putting it into a suitcase. "What's going on here?"

"We are going on vacation my love."

"What do you mean? I have to work Tom."

"I've already taken care of it Mel. Mireya agreed to takeover the days you won't be there and I'll be going in to help. You go have fun."

"Tom I don't know. I mean, what about the kids?"

"Their bags are already packed and in the car."

"I can't afford to just go on vacation."

"Darling please let me treat you and the kids to a nice vacation. I just want to get away with you guys. You don't need to worry about the money."

Melissa knew all he wanted was to do something nice for her and her kids and to spend time together. "Okay, okay. Thank you," she smiled. "You're very sweet."

"Finish packing up so you can eat something before we leave." Melissa smiled at Tom's excitement. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have him in her life.

A ten hour flight later and they were at their destination. "I can't believe you brought us to Hawaii!" Melissa gaped at the scenery surrounding them.

"C'mon we gotta get to our house," Tom chuckled.

They drove to a huge beach house and the Flores family was in awe. "This is where we're staying?" Daniel asked,

"Yup! Now go claim your rooms!" Tom exclaimed.

"This is beautiful. Thank you sweetheart," Melissa kissed him.

"Anything for you my darling, Now why don't we get changed into our swimsuits and get to the beach!"