Chapter 52

September 2019

Mia has been looking forward to her quinceañera since she was ten years old when she first learned what it was. As soon as her mom said she could have one she got to planning. Once she turned fourteen, the real planning started. It was fairly easy since she already knew everything she wanted. She knew what color dress she wanted, what flowers she wanted, what songs she wanted to dance to, where she wanted it, who she wanted to invite, even what kind of food she wanted served. She had originally planned to keep it small since she knew her family would never be able to throw anything extravagant. But once Tom was informed on what a quinceañera was and that Mia would be having one, he insisted that she have the party of her dreams.

Mia didn't have much family, it was only her brother, parents, aunt and uncle, and now Tom's family. The rest of her invitations were going to be her friends from school, the bakery employees, Mia's costars from You, and all the new friends they made through Tom. Most of the people they invited lived all over the world and most of them had crazy schedules, but still they had RSVP's from everyone they invited.

It was the day of the party, Mia was at the venue getting ready. Melissa had just finished helping Mia put her dress on when there was a knock on the door. It was opened to reveal Tom and Daniel in their suits. "Wow my darling, you look absolutely stunning," Tom said as he brought her into a hug.

"Thank you dad," she smiled. "Wow Danny, you look nice," she said surprised at how well her brother cleaned up.

"Thanks Mia," he brought her into a hug and placed a kiss on her head, "You look beautiful," he said smiling at her.

Tom and Melissa just watched the interaction between their children and Melissa couldn't help the tears leaving her eyes, "Tom look at our angels!" she said now full on sobbing.

Tom wrapped his arms around her, "Aww sweetheart," he said as he placed a kiss on her head. "Children, look at what you did, you made your mother cry," he said smirking at them.

"But mom always cries," Mia giggled. They all laughed before Tom called them all in for a group hug. They took a few more minutes to make sure Mia was fully ready before walking out.

"Everyone please welcome Mia Flores!" The doors opened revealing Mia in a beautiful pink dress, everyone erupted into cheers as she walked out towards the front of the room where her parents and brothers were waiting for her. When she finally reached them, she was brought into a family group hug, everyone still cheering for them. Once they parted, Mia stepped to the side as her family began to give a toast.

"Hello everyone. My family and I just want to start of by thanking you all for joining us to celebrate Mia today. Getting most of you together at the same time is quite the task so we truly appreciate you taking the time and money to join us today. We just wanted to say a few words about our beautiful daughter before we continue on with the celebration, and by we I mean me since my wife says she can't speak about either of our kids without crying," This earned a laugh from the audience since they all knew how true this was. She always ended up crying when she talked about how much she loved her kids. "Most of you haven't known Mia for long but it doesn't take long to realize how truly amazing she is. I remember the first time she called me dad, I cried pretty much the whole night. All I ever wanted was a family and I have been absolutely blessed with the best wife, daughter, and son in the world. Mia is one of the strongest, sweetest, kindest, most loving people I know, just like her brother, and that's all thanks to their wonderful mother who raised them." Tom paused as he started to choke up. "I'm going to wrap this up before I start crying," he chuckled. "Your mother, brother, and I love you Mia. Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered as Mia ran to give her family one last hug before they all sat down.