Chapter 55

December 2019

It was Christmas Eve and today was the day Melissa was finally going to tell Tom, Mia, and Daniel about her pregnancy. Keeping her pregnancy a secret from them for the past three weeks had been so difficult for her. Along with her constant nausea she was also experiencing mild cramping. She would have to hide the small groans that would escape her lips when she would feel pain coming. That was a lot easier to hide than her nausea. As soon as she would wake up she'd run to the bathroom. Occasionally she'd be in the middle of a conversation with them and have to run to the bathroom. She always just blamed it on something she ate. They bought it for about a week but then they started to get worried. Thankfully after that, her nausea became strictly morning sickness, so she just made sure to let it happen before Tom or the kids woke up.

The Flores family had always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve, it's what most Latino Families did. Since meeting Tom, they had spent the past two Christmases in London with his family but this year they were coming to Atlanta to spend it at their house. His family wouldn't be arriving until the afternoon and Kimberly and Jorge would be arriving in a little over an hour to help cook dinner.

Melissa was planning on telling all of them the news today but she wanted to start off with just her husband and children. She would be telling them after breakfast and she had her whole plan ready. She would start off by cooking them their favorite breakfast and would then surprise them with the news.

"Merry Christmas!" she heard them all yell before loud footsteps came running down the stairs. A few seconds later, Tom, Mia, and Daniel all came running into the kitchen.

"Feliz Navidad mis amores!" Melissa said as she went to hug her family. She led them to the dining room where she had set what she prepared, chilaquiles, fruit, juice, and tea. "I made your favorite!"

"This looks delicious love. Thank you," Tom smiled. He pulled out her chair for her and allowed her to sit before pushing it back in and taking his own seat

They talked about the day ahead as they ate. Kimberly and Jorge would be coming right after breakfast to help cook Christmas Eve dinner. Tamales were on the menu, along with pan dulce and champurrado. Then Tom's mom, sisters, and brother-in-laws would be arriving at around 4 pm, giving them time to get settled in and ready for dinner. All of them would be staying over at their house for the night so that they could open gifts at midnight and then spend time all together on Christmas Day.

Once they were done eating, Tom, Mia, and Daniel offered to clean up since Melissa had cooked. She had told them to meet her in the living room when they were done. She quickly went to get what she needed and made her way to the couch.

The three of them finally joined her and were quick to notice the large wrapped box on the coffee table. "Ooh who's that for?" Mia batted her lashes in hopes she would be getting the first present of the day. Tom sat down with Mia and Daniel on either side of him.

"Actually it's for all of you," Melissa said as she put it directly in front of them. "I wanted to give you guys this before everyone got here. So why don't you guys go ahead and open it," she said nervously. Before they got there she had also quickly set up her phone to secretly record them. She wanted to be able to look back at this moment forever.

Mia and Daniel were quick to begin unwrapping the big box, pulling off all the paper before throwing it to the floor. Tom then lifted the lid, pulling back the tissue paper. All of them looked down confused at the various Marvel plushes. There was at least ten plushes, including Loki of course.

"These are so cool mom!" Daniel was confused by the random gift but also excited because they were Marvel after all.

"Keep going. There's more."