Chapter 77

December 2021

Mia and Daniel had been in Romania for three months now and it was better than they could've imagined. While Mia was working hard on her new show, they definitely also took advantage of being in a new country and spent time exploring. Sebastian had ended up going to spend a week with them in October and Mia had even taken a few days off so that he could show them around where he grew up. Finn had arrived about a week ago and would be spending another week in Romania before flying out right on time to spend Christmas with his family.

Today, their family was finally going to be back together. Tom, Melissa, and Olivia were in a car on their way to meet Mia and Daniel. Tom had insisted on them renting a house instead of staying at a hotel for five months. They had been having a great time in Romania but they couldn't wait to see their family again. They had talked on the phone almost daily but they missed their parents and sister so much.

There was a knock on the door that made Mia and Daniel run to open it. Mia was almost in tears at the sight of her family in front of her. She ran straight into her mom's arms and let her tears fall.

"Ay mi niña, I've missed you much," Melissa sobbed out.

"I missed you too mom." She stayed in her mom's embrace while Daniel and Tom greeted each other.

"Hey dad," Daniel smiled as he went in to hug Tom.

"Hey bud, we've missed you two."

"We've missed you guys too. Especially my little girl here," he said as he bent down to pick up Olivia who was standing patiently next to Tom. "Hi my sweet girl!"

"Hi Danny!" she squealed as Daniel squeezed her into a tight hug.

"Look how big you are! You're gonna be as tall as dad soon!"

"No Danny!" she giggled. "I wittle!"

"Oh silly me," he chuckled. "Wow she's talking a lot more now," he said more to Tom.

"We try to talk to her all the time so she's picking up on things quickly. We also read to her a lot so she's remembering words from her books," Tom said proudly.

"Well I guess when she has you as a dad of course she'd be a baby genius," he joked.

"Did I just hear that my sister is a genius?" Mia said when she finally finished greeting her mom. She reached over to grab Olivia from Daniel as he went over to greet Melissa.

"Mia sad?" Olivia asked as she moved her little hand to wipe the leftover tears on Mia's cheek.

"I'm happy baby. I just missed you," she smiled.

"Miss you!" Olivia said as she cuddled in to her sister's arms.

"Where's Finn?" Melissa asked.

"He was just making sure the guest room was ready for you guys."

"He didn't need to move out of there. We don't mind sleeping in the living room."

"He's not moving his things out. He's been staying in my room. He was just making sure it was clean since no one's slept in there since we moved here," Mia said not thinking her parents would have an issue with it.

"What the fuck do you mean he's been staying in your room?" Tom said defensively. "I hope I'm not hearing that my seventeen year old daughter has been sleeping in the same bed as her boyfriend."

"It's not like we haven't shared a bed before," Mia groaned.

"What?!" Tom shouted.

"Tom calm down," Melissa said. "Daniel you were supposed to be keeping an eye on her," she slightly scolded her son.