Chapter 57

February 2020

It had been over a year now that a new Loki series was announced. Tom had spent the last few months prepping and today he finally got to start filming. The producers had invited Melissa, Mia, and Daniel to all come to set for the first day of filming since they knew what big fans they were.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us darling?" Tom asked as he walked towards the door, followed by Mia and Daniel.

"Yeah I'm sure. I'm just feeling really tired today," Melissa said from her spot on the couch, where she was wrapped in a blanket watching a movie.

"Okay but please call me if you need absolutely anything," Tom said.

"I will. Now go have fun. Good luck! I love you!" she said puckering her lips, silently asking Tom for a kiss.

He chuckled as he approached her and bent down to kiss her. "I love you too," he gave her one last kiss on her belly before following the kids out the door.

Tom hadn't filmed anything since they wrapped Avengers: Endgame at the beginning of 2018. He was more than ready to get started on his new show. He had already met his cast mates and he was very happy with them. They were all great and he was so excited to get to work with a whole new set of actors even though he would miss working with his typical Avengers costars.

Tom's birthday was yesterday so the cast and crew had planned a little something for him. While he was in costume, they had brought out a giant cake shaped like the tesseract. Daniel had even FaceTimed his mom when they started singing to him so that she could be included.

The first day of filming wasn't very long. They were finished up before dinnertime. On the way back to the parking lot, Tom spotted four familiar figures standing by their car.

The four of them turned when they heard footsteps approaching. "Hey guys!"

"Lizzie! Seb! Mackie! Paul!" Mia yelled as she ran over to the four actors.

"Hey Mia!" they all greeted her before turning to Daniel and Tom who finally reached them.

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" Daniel asked.

"Well we were all here doing some filming for our own shows and we heard that Tom was here with his family," Paul said.

"Speaking of family, where's Mel?" Elizabeth asked.

"She stayed home. She was feeling a little tired this morning," Tom said.

"Do you think she'd be too tired for company? We'd love to stop by and say hi," Anthony said.

"She'd never be too tired to see you guys," Tom smiled. "Melissa told me she wanted tacos for dinner. Are you guys okay with that?"

"Always! We can just go with you guys and then follow you home," Sebastian suggested.

They all followed Tom as he drove to Melissa's favorite taco stand. They were there so often that the cooks already knew their orders. After everyone got their food, they made their way over to see Melissa.

"Sweetheart?" Tom questioned as he walked into his home.

"In the living room!" Melissa shouted back. "How was your first day?" she asked while keeping her eyes on the television.

"It went great but I brought you a surprise."

"What kind of surprise?" she asked, still not looking at him.

"Why don't you turn around and find out?" Elizabeth chuckled.

Melissa sat up surprised to hear Elizabeth's voice, only to be more surprised to see Paul, Sebastian, and Anthony there as well.