Chapter 64

August 2020

Today was the day. After nine long months, the newest Hiddleston would be born.

"Do you guys have everything?" Kimberly asked as Tom finished securing the carseat and Jorge put Melissa and Tom's bag into the trunk of the car.

"Yup. That should be everything," Melissa said nervously.

"You got this sis. I know you're nervous but everything will be fine and in a few hours you will meet your baby," Kimberly said trying to calm her sister down.

"I know," she smiled. "I'm just ready to meet them. And thanks again for staying here with the kids."

"Of course!" Jorge chimed in. "We're gonna have a blast and we'll be here ready to meet the newest member of our family!"

Melissa and Tom went over to hug Kimberly and Jorge then turned to their kids. "Good luck mom," Daniel gave his mom a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Please keep us updated," Mia added, giving her mom a hug.

"I love you both very much. We'll see you in a few days," Melissa smiled.

"We love you too! Bye dad! Love you!" they gave him a hug.

"Bye loves! See you soon!" Tom said before turning to help Melissa into the car.

Once they got to the hospital and checked in, Melissa and Tom were taken to their private room. Tom helped Melissa into her hospital gown and onto her bed. They still had about two more hours until the c-section so they set up her IV and connected a few monitors to her.

A few minutes before, Dr. Gomez came into check on her and let her know that they would be ready for her soon. Once she left the room, Melissa looked over at Tom who looked like he was in a state of shock.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" Melissa asked. He gave no signs that he heard her so she spoke again. "Tom?"

He blinked a few times before looking down at her worried face. "Oh uh sorry darling. It just all hit me right now. We're going to meet our baby soon," he smiled nervously.

"Yeah we are," she smiled back. She puckered her lips, asking him to give her a kiss. "But what are you nervous for?" she slapped his arm playfully. "I'm the one about to be cut open," she chuckled.

"I guess I'm just nervous for you. I wish you didn't have to go through the pain of all this."

"Tom, sweetheart, I'd make a thousand babies with you. Yeah it sucks physically but I love you and our children so much that I'd do this again and again."

"I know I haven't really told you this, but thank you for giving me the family I always wanted. I love you so much Melissa. You have no idea how much you mean to me." He leaned down to bring her into sweet kiss.

They were interrupted by a knock on the door. After being told to come in, a few nurses entered. "We're ready for you," they smiled before walking over to get her ready to be pushed to the operating room. Once they reached the outside of the room, Tom was told to follow one of the nurses to get prepped to enter the room.

Melissa was rolled in and slid onto the operating table. She was then prepped by a few nurses, a few needles making their way into her. She was pleased that she wasn't really able to feel anything after that. Tom came in soon after in his scrubs and placed a kiss on Melissa's head before grabbing her hand and standing by her side.

After the incision, everything happened so quickly. There was no pain, only slight pressure and she was so glad. All she could really remember was hearing a cry and tears falling from her eyes at the sound.

"Congratulations! It's a girl!"

"Oh my god Tom! A little girl!" Melissa sobbed out.

Tom was at a complete loss for words. When he got a glimpse of her all he was able to do was cry. He leaned down to press a kiss on Melissa's head, his lips lingering for a moment.

After she was stitched up and checked over, she was taken back to their room. Once they were settled in, a nurse walked in carrying their little girl swaddled up in a blanket. "It's time for you to finally meet your little girl," the nurse smiled as she set the baby down in Melissa's waiting arms. Melissa let out a small gasp upon finally getting to really see her baby girl for the first time. "I'll be back in a few hours for her name," she said as she walked out of the room.

Melissa scooted over as best as she could, leaving just enough space for Tom to join her. "Come sit with me mi amor." Tom looked nervous and still hadn't said a word yet but slowly sat next to her in bed. Tom couldn't take his eyes off of her. "Are you ready to hold our little girl?" she asked as she began to move the baby towards Tom.

"I uh- I don't know- How do I-"

"Just put your arms out how I have mine. Don't be nervous sweetheart. You've got this," she encouraged.

The moment the baby was laid in his arms, tears streamed down his face. "Wow. She looks just like you. Absolutely beautiful. I can't believe she's finally here. I already love her so much. And I love you for giving her to me."

"I love you too Tom and our beautiful daughter," she leaned into Tom and rested her head on his chest as they looked down at their beautiful little girl. "So what are we going to name her? I know we had a few options for a boy and girl but never really picked a final name."

"Well I kind of had an idea." She nodded at Tom to continue. "I know you really liked the name Olivia. So I was thinking, how about Olivia Maria Hiddleston?"

Melissa started to tear up again. "Maria? After my mom?" she sniffled.

"Well I know how much your parents meant to you. I wish I got to meet them but I figured this was a way to still have them as a part of our lives."

"I love you Thomas William Hiddleston. And I love you Olivia Maria Hiddleston. I can't wait to take you home and have you meet the rest of your family," she said, placing a gentle kiss on her daughter's head. "Have you texted our families to let them know how everything went?"

"Yeah I did. I have the kids, Kim and Jorge, my mom, sisters, and brother-in-laws all in a group chat right now," he chuckled. "They all agreed to wait until they meet her to find out her name and gender but they are asking for a picture of the baby."

***

Group Chat

Family ☀️

Tom
born 18 august, 2020 at 12:26 pm
7 lbs, 2 oz (3.2 kg) and 19.3 in (49 cm)
mom and baby are both perfect and healthy!
we can't wait to see you all in a couple of days!

3 in (49 cm)mom and baby are both perfect and healthy!we can't wait to see you all in a couple of days!