Chapter 20

October 2017

Tom Hiddleston posted a photo

twhiddleston Thor: Ragnarok in theaters everywhere on November 3! I hope you all love it as much as we do!tagged: @jeffgoldblum @tessamaethompson @taikawaititi @chrishemsworth @cateblanchett @markruffalo

tagged: @jeffgoldblum @tessamaethompson @taikawaititi @chrishemsworth @cateblanchett @markruffalo

username I can't wait to watch this!

melissaflores how can someone be so good looking??

username he looks so hot!

***

Melissa, Tom, Daniel, and Mia were on their way to Robert's house for his Halloween party. He also so graciously invited Kimberly and Jorge so they were now following in the car behind them. They were in awe at the size of the house. For it being just a rental for a year, it was massive.

"Welcome!" Robert said once he opened the door. He brought the four familiar people into a hug before looking at the other two. "You must be Kimberly and Jorge. I've heard a lot about you."

"Thank you so much for inviting us," Kimberly smiled before shaking his hand.

"Uh hello Mr. Downey. It is an honor to be in your presence," Jorge said trying his best to keep cool.

"Please call me Robert," he chuckled at his nervousness.

They walked into the party and were greeted by the whole cast. "Wow look at you guys! You make a cute family," Elizabeth smirked as she walked towards them.

"Hi Lizzie!" Melissa smiled as she hugged her friend. The two had grown incredibly close and talked to each other almost daily.

"I love the costumes!" Scarlett said to them. Tom and Melissa were dressed as Anakin and Padme while Daniel and Mia were dressed as Luke and Leia.

They all went their separate ways, mingling with their friends. Daniel and Mia went to play games with the other kids. Kimberly and Jorge were speaking to Mark and his wife, Sunshine. Melissa was speaking to Robert and Susan. While Tom was speaking to Chris Hemsworth.

"So things are pretty serious between you guys huh?" Hemsworth asked Tom.

Tom smiled fondly, "Yeah. I mean we're pretty much living together now. I take and pick up the kids from school when I have days off. It's like we're an actual family now."

"That's great. I'm happy for you," Hemsworth smiled. "But what's gonna happen when we're done filming in January?"

"I've been really dreading it honestly. We originally planned on just doing long distance but I don't think I can. I'm in too deep. I'd like us to officially move in together, like buy a house, but do you think it's too soon?"

"I mean you've only been together for like seven months but with how serious you guys are I wouldn't say it's too soon. But where would you guys live?"

"Probably here. I wouldn't want Danny and Mia to have to move schools."

"So you're just gonna leave London?"

"I would do it for them. But we really need to just sit down and have a serious discussion."

Meanwhile, Melissa was talking to Robert and Susan. "So how are things between you and Tom?"

"Honestly, they're amazing," Melissa smiled. "I can't believe that this is really happening. I was losing hope that I'd ever find someone and then I met him. And he's just so great with Danny and Mia, they absolutely adore him. He already treats them like his own kids."

"I can tell he really loves you three so much," Susan said.

"Yeah, I've known him for about six years now and I've never seen him this happy," Robert added.

"Well I love him very much."

"What's going to happen when filming here is done?" Robert asked.

"When we first got together we said we'd just do long distance but the kids and I are too attached. I don't think we'd be able to handle being away from him for so long. We haven't really talked about it much but I know we need to. We are going to London for Christmas though."

"Wow finally meeting his family," Susan said.

"Yeah I'm a little nervous but I know it needs to happen already. The kids are so excited to go to London though. The only time they've been out of the country is when we've gone to Mexico."

"By the way, I love your kids," Robert smiled. "They're great."

"Oh gosh, if they hear you say that they may pass out," Melissa joked. "Speaking of," she chuckled as her kids made their way over to them.

"Thanks so much for inviting us! We were just playing cards with Spider-Man!" Daniel was beaming.

Mia turned to face Melissa, "By the way, he said that he calls you mom. Does that mean the Tom Holland is my brother?"

"I guess so Mia but it's just a joke."

"No, nope. I will take this very seriously. I can't believe all this cool stuff is happening to us and I can't tell anyone!" Mia rolled her eyes playfully.

"Have you guys talked about going public yet?" Susan asked.

"No we haven't really talked about it. We figured he'd just address it once it got out."

"Then I can post about all this cool stuff?" Mia asked.

"Yeah! I wanna show off that I know the Robert Downey Jr!" Daniel shouted.

"Hey, hey! If Holland gets to be family, I wanna be too! Just call me grandpa!" Robert smiled.

Mia and Daniel both felt their eyes fill with tears. They lost their grandpa five years ago and they were devastated by their loss. They couldn't believe what Robert was just saying. Sure he'd never be able to replace their actual grandpa but they felt so much love from Robert as soon as they met him. "We love you," Mia said as they both wrapped him in a hug.

"Grandpa," Daniel added.

At this point, Tom had walked over to see what was going on. "Why are they crying?" he turned to Melissa who was also teary eyed, with Susan running a comforting hand over her back. "Why are you crying?" Melissa simply turned and went into his arms.

"Robert told them to call him grandpa and they all lost it," Susan smiled softly. The cast was already aware that Melissa had lost both her parents. She told them at a dinner party once when they had asked about her family.

"Oh love that's why you're crying?" Melissa nodded against his chest. He kissed her head and continued what Susan was doing by rubbing her back.

"I didn't mean to make you all cry," Robert chuckled, rubbing the tears that managed to fall from his eyes.

"We're just an emotional family," Melissa chuckled through her tears. "Let's get back to the party before I cry more."

They all laughed before going back to the rest of the group. They were all talking about the Thor: Ragnarok premiere that happened at the beginning of the month.

"Why didn't you go to the premiere Mel?" Jeremy asked.

"Well we haven't exactly gone public about our relationship," Melissa said. "But I wish I would've been there. Mark, Tom told me about the whole livestream incident," she chuckled.

This caused everyone else to laugh, all hearing about what happened. "It was an accident!" Mark groaned.