Chapter 11

April 2017

It was now time for Tom to meet Melissa's sister and brother-in-law and he was feeling very nervous to meet them. Kimberly and Jorge were very protective of Melissa, especially when it came to men. She hadn't brought home anyone to meet her family since Victor so they knew that this one must be serious.

Kimberly hadn't met him officially yet, only briefly in the bakery. Jorge on the other hand had no idea who he was about to meet. All he knew was that his name was Tom. Kimberly and Melissa had purposefully kept it a secret from him, wanting to see him freak out in front of Tom. Loki had always been his favorite character so they knew he would have a major freakout moment when he met him.

"Are you ready?" Melissa asked as they stood at the front door of her sister's house.

"As ready as I can be," Tom said nervously.

"There's no need to be nervous. They'll love you," Melissa kissed his cheek.

"You'll be fine Tom. Tio Jorge will probably mega fangirl over you though," Daniel joked.

Mia and Melissa both laughed, knowing it was probably true. "Oddly that makes me feel better," Tom chuckled.

Melissa opened the door and let Tom walk in before closing it behind them. "Kim? Jorge?"

"In the dining room!" Kim shouted back.

Melissa led them to the dining room where Kimberly and Jorge were setting the last of the food. They both looked up as the four of them walked into the room. Kimberly smiled while Jorge's jaw dropped to the floor. "Hey guys I want you to meet Tom. Tom this is Kimberly and Jorge."

Kimberly stepped forward to greet him. "Hi Tom it is great to finally meet you," she said as she brought him into a hug.

"It's lovely to meet you too," Tom smiled. Once letting go of Kimberly he stepped forward to greet Jorge. "Hi I'm Tom," he smiled holding his hand out.

Jorge was in a state of shock. "You- you're um- you're Tom uh- Tom Hiddleston."

"Yeah it's nice to meet you," he said still holding his hand out.

"If you'll just excuse me," Jorge said before walking out towards the living room.

"Is he okay?" Tom asked as he slowly dropped his hand.

"Yeah just give him a moment," Kimberly giggled.

A loud shriek was heard from the living room. Soon Jorge came in acting completely cool and collected. "Hi Tom. I'm Jorge it's great to meet you," he smiled as best as he could. As soon as he touched Tom's hand he began to freak out again. "I can't believe I'm shaking hands with the God of Mischief. My sister-in-law's boyfriend is Loki! What the hell Mel how could you keep this from me?!"

"Because we wanted this moment to happen in front of Tom," she chuckled.

He rolled his eyes before looking back at Tom. "I'm a huge fan. Loki is my favorite character."

"Thanks man. That means a lot," Tom smiled. They all finally took a seat around the table. "I'll be happy to answer any questions you have."

"Oh trust me I have a lot of question but before we get to that I gotta do the basic protective brother questioning of the boyfriend."

"Jorge," Melissa glared.

"Mel you should've known we'd be doing this," Kimberly said sternly.

"It's fine darling," Tom reassured her.

"So Tom what's going to happen when you go back to London?" Kimberly asked.

"Well I have month break between July and August and I'll be going back to London for two weeks and then coming back here to spend the other two weeks with Mel, Mia, and Danny. After that I'll be back here until January to finish the next movie. Once that's done we've agreed to do long distance but I'd come down to visit as often as I can. We know it'll be hard but we both want it to work."

"And what about going public? What happens when word gets out that you're in a relationship?"

"I do want to keep it private for as long as we can but we'll deal with it until that happens. My last relationship was extremely public and it ended very badly. I don't want that for us."

"So what drew you to my sister?"

"Where do I even start? She is one of the kindest, most genuine, loving people I have ever met. When she didn't know who I was, it made me feel normal for once. Since we met, she has made me feel more alive than I ever have. Her laugh just makes my heart swell. Her singing is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. And her baking is to die for, which is a major plus," he laughed. "When I found out about Danny and Mia, honestly I was terrified but when I met them, I knew I was all in. Only someone as phenomenal as Melissa could raise such wonderful kids. She's my favorite person in the world."

"Well Melissa I gotta say I approve," Kimberly smiled.

"What do you think Danny? Mia? You like Tom?" Jorge chuckled.

"He's the best!" Daniel exclaimed proudly.

"We'll keep him," Mia joked.

"Thanks guys," Tom smiled.

"Well now that that's over with can you tell me everything that happens in the next movie?" Jorge joked.

"Sadly no I can't," Tom chuckled.