Chapter 88

2032

Melissa hadn't really worked an actual full time job since moving to London. She was still part owner of the bakery back in Atlanta but she would really only help when Kimberly asked her to and with what she would be able to do remotely. In the ten years since moving to London she really only focused her time on being a stay at home mom and doing some volunteer work. She loved being a stay at home mom more than she ever thought she would. She had been working since she was in high school so she didn't really know what just being home was like. Of course she stayed busy with cooking, cleaning, and taking Olivia everywhere she needed to go.

She had been thinking about this for a while now and since Olivia was now twelve years old she figured she could go back to working full time. She just had to run it by Tom and hoped he was on board with her idea since she would need his help with it.

"Tom can I talk to you about something?" she asked shyly as she walked into his office. He was reading a script his agent had sent him to look over.

"Of course," he smiled as he turned the script over to keep his place. He saw the look on her face and realized it was going to be a serious talk. He stood up and led her to the couch in his office and sat so they could face each other. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah I just wanted to run something by you," she said nervously. "I was thinking maybe it's time for me to go back to work."

"You know you don't need to right?"

"I know I don't need to but I want to."

"Well if that's something you want then that's great. Any ideas what you want to do?"

"Well that's the thing. I had an idea but I don't know how you'd feel about it." He furrowed his brow in worry but nodded at her to continue. "What would you think about me opening a coffee shop here?"

"I think that's a wonderful idea!"

"Really?"

"Yes that would be fantastic! We don't have anything that offers the kind of stuff the bakery back in Atlanta does. I'm sure it'd be a big success!"

"I know it'd be great but-" she paused to think of how she should say this. "Would it be okay if maybe you can let me borrow some money so I can do this?"

"Borrow? Melissa you wouldn't have to borrow anything. It's our money."

"But you work so hard for it and I wouldn't want you to just give me that much. I just don't really have any of my own since I haven't worked in a while."

"Darling listen to me. I love what I do but I work hard for that money so I can provide for our family. It is our money and we have plenty of it." He grabbed both her hands and brought them up to his lips to give them a gentle kiss. "Thirteen years of marriage and you still get all shy talking about finances with me?"

"I know. I just- you know I didn't grow up with a lot of money so even though I know we have it it's still hard for me sometimes."

"I know darling but please don't worry about it. If this is something you want to do you have my full support. Anything you need just get it."

She stood up to sit on his lap and brought him into a deep kiss before leaning her forehead against his. "Te amo mi amor."

"I love you too my darling."

The next few months were spent filling out documents, looking at different locations, and making plans. Luckily, because of the money they did have, filing to open a business was pretty easy. They were able to find a location that was walking distance from their house. It was spacious and had a beautiful patio space that Melissa didn't even realize she wanted until she saw it.