CHAPTER 76

The two people traveled towards the Qing Xu Sword sect for a day.

At night, the two found a stretch of soft grass in the woods to rest on for a moment. Jun YanZhi lifted the hem of his clothes, then calmly and elegantly sat down. However, he saw Wen Jing with his head down and not talking, as if he had a lot of things weighing on his mind. Thus, he casually asked, “Lowering your head and not talking, what are you thinking about?”

Wen Jing raised his head and looked at him, “Nothing…… Jun shixiong, you know that I am someone from another world, and you know that I’ve read a book called《A Calamity for All Living Things》. How come you don’t mind at all?”

Jun YanZhi pondered for a long time, “Do you still remember that time when the big tortoise died and then revived?”

“I remember.” It was precisely because the big tortoise had died that the two people had fallen out and he had almost forced Jun YanZhi into a dead end. How could he not remember?

“Do you know that spells such as resurrection don’t exist in the lower cultivation worlds?”

Wen Jing: “Doesn’t exist?”

“Those who cultivate all only have one goal in their life, and that is to understand the secret of life and death and then gain immortality from that. Thus, resurrection spells go against the heavens. Even in the upper cultivation worlds, no one knows such a spell.”

“Then what’s with the big tortoise? At that time, not only did Wen RenMu see it, but even the eldest shixiong and second shixiong both saw it with their own eyes. The big tortoise was accidentally killed by shifu when he went insane.”

“Only one type of people knows resurrection spells.”

“What type of people?”

Jun YanZhi glanced at him, “True Gods.”

“……True Gods?” Wen Jing quietly repeated, a bit shocked. “Are you talking about the True Gods who have passed their tribulations and ascended to the Heavens?”

Jun YanZhi turned his head and didn’t look at him anymore. His voice, however, was a bit hoarse, “If a True God wanted to lead you to ascension, would you go with them?”

“Who’s the True God?”

Jun YanZhi’s tone of voice was a bit unfriendly, “Why do you care about who the True God is? You really want to go with them?”

Wen Jing was unable to stifle his laughter, “What connection does that True God have with me? Why would they want to take me along?”

Seeing Jun YanZhi’s face becoming a bit green and a few green veins on his temple emerging, Wen Jing quickly said, “I’m not going anywhere. I’m just curious and wanted to ask about it.”

Jun YanZhi slowly said, “Your past life was as short as duckweed. That was probably not your original body. After you’ve come to this lower cultivation world, have you ever felt out of sorts with your body or had cases where your soul left your body?”

“No.”

“I’m guessing that that book《A Calamity for All Living Things》most likely isn’t a fiction novel as you said, but a disguised Book of the Heavens.”

Wen Jing only felt like cannonballs were exploding in his head one by one, messing up the worldview that he had had for over a dozen years, “Book of the Heavens?”

“A Book of the Heavens that can reveal events of the future yet isn’t comprehensive.” Jun YanZhi’s voice lowered. He gently sighed, “Maybe you were originally someone from the cultivation world and were exiled to the secular world for some reason. Someone wants to bring you back.”