CHAPTER 45 A GODLY BEAST

The first round of competition lasted five days. He Ling, Jun YanZhi, and Wen Jing’s momentum rose like bamboo, it was unstoppable!

He Ling’s《Four Winds》technique was one level stronger. The violent, blade-like whirlwind engulfed the platform. It was ruthless and left no leeway. Everywhere it passed was left in a mess similar to his impatient temper, wanting the fight to end immediately.

He won seven rounds and lost three, gaining 29 little stones and successfully entering the second round.

Jun YanZhi’s《Ku Mu Method》had only been trained to the first level. However, the penetrating strength made it hard to withstand. It was more than enough to sweep up all of the low level Foundation Building disciples. The strange thing was that although the technique’s lethality was extremely high, it would always be able to stop at the last moment and not go farther than necessary. This was against the purpose of the《Ku Mu Method》 which was to harm as long as it was used.

The character of the sword was the same as the character of the person. Although the sword technique was superb, it was modest and tolerant. It made the viewers feel as if a spring breeze passed by. This made it more popular with people than the original《Ku Mu Method》. Paired with his original high face value, it was pleasing to the eyes.

He won six rounds and lost four, gaining 22 little stones and successfully entering the second round.

If He Ling’s matches were like a western disaster film, and Jun YanZhi’s matches were like a beautiful Tsui Hark[1] movie, then Wen Jing’s matches were like a comedy show.

In this comedy show, the male protagonist only knew one move, which was to swing the sword.

The Qing Xu disciples had never seen someone like this before. Other than using a swing filled with light energy sword Qi, it was another swing with light energy sword Qi. Not even the simplest fire bomb technique was used. No matter what technique the other person used, Wen Jing would only use sword Qi to hit it. Otherwise, he would run around the platform while holding onto his head. People couldn’t help but laugh.

Unless it was blocked with a boundary, the sword Qi that formed when he swung the sword truly had the power of a little dragon charging towards the sky. It was lofty and passionate, making people unable to look away and feeling both a combination of tingling and coolness.

Reality proved that comedy films had the highest box office incomes. Thus, most of the sect’s disciples came to watch Wen Jing’s matches. They all laughed, yelled, and called Wen Jing brother or bro.

On the fifth day, the competition ended. He won ten rounds and lost none, gaining 42 little stones and successfully entering the second round.

Since Wen Jing left closed-door cultivation, he hadn’t seen Duan Xuan at all. At first, he didn’t care too much about it. He did not expect that one night, when he was practicing the sword, Duan Xuan would come over unannounced, dropping down from the sky.

“Ambition Guides” Duan Xuan landed on the ground and simply said the name of a sword technique.

The tortoise laid on the ground, stupidly watching.

Duan Xuan had already taught Wen Jing this move for over half a year’s worth of time. Since then, they had yet to meet again. Wen Jing knew that he wanted to check his progress. Although he didn’t want to, he had no choice but to use “Ambition Guides.” His movements met the standards. There were no major errors, but he did not have enough Sword Qi.