CHAPTER 73

Wen RenMu fell backwards onto the ground like an antelope that was drugged. Wen Jing squatted down and then kindly applied a sleeping spell as well. This way, he wouldn’t wake up for ten days to half a month. 

Wen Jing lowered his head and pulled up Wen RenMu’s body. His gaze happened to sweep past the jade being held tightly in his hand, and his heart instantly skipped a beat.

Something wasn’t right.

He forcibly pried open Wen RenMu’s right hand. Lying on his palm was a piece of jade about three inches long. It was smooth and glossy under the moonlight. There didn’t seem to be anything special about it. However, if one looked closely, it seemed to be shimmering. It was a hard to come by top-grade jade.

Wen Jing was very familiar with the shape and appearance of this jade. It was identical to the two in his storage bag.

It was the jade that had the ending and next volume outline of《A Calamity for All Living Things》!

Wen Jing held the jade in his hand and quickly sent some spiritual Qi into it. Not long after, a thin layer of sweat appeared on his forehead. His current cultivation level was vastly different from before; however, his spiritual Qi was blocked outside the jade, wandering around it and unable to enter.

In other words, the cultivation of the person who made this jade was higher than Wen Jing by a good deal, and they had set a restriction spell on it, not allowing people other than its intended recipient to look inside.

However, this piece of jade had yet to be opened. Thus, its intended recipient shouldn’t be Wen RenMu. He likely picked it up somewhere. 

Wen Jing lowered his head and thought for a while before unceremoniously putting away the jade. This concerned the original novel, so he couldn’t be careless. It was better to keep it on him. 

He swung Wen RenMu over his shoulder and then arbitrarily found a cave, tied him up, and locked him in before setting up a very sturdy barrier.

Wen Jing thought, You either don’t do it at all, or you do it until the endI have already tied Wen RenMu up tightly like a zongzi and stolen his jade. I might as well go clean up his house.

If you’re going to be a bad person, be as bad as you can.  If you’re going to send a buddha, send them until they reach the west. Since we are doomed to be enemies, I should completely offend him.

At twilight, a silent shadow disappeared in front of the entrance to Wen RenMu’s house on Tian Heng peak.

Closing the door behind him, Wen Jing opened his mouth, wordlessly looking around.

Liu QianMo was the eldest disciple of Hui Shi peak. His status was high, so the specifications, layout, decoration, and size of his house were only second to the peak lord. This was a rule of the Qing Xu Sword sect that had been around for a long time. When the peak lord was in seclusion, unless they had specifically ordered otherwise, the eldest disciple would act as their stand-in and be in charge of all the affairs of the peak. Therefore, their monthly allowance and the amount of authority they had were very different. Liu QianMo’s taste was pretty good. He basically didn’t have anything expensive and valuable, yet he could still organize his house stylishly.

However, Liu QianMo’s house now looked like the bedroom of a granny living in the countryside. Although it felt a bit homely, it was completely overshadowed by Wen RenMu’s quaint, elegant furnishings and decorations.