CHAPTER 16 GOOD MEN DOESN'T LIVE LONG, BAD MEN DOES

The Tian Heng peak disciples refused to believe that Mu ZhiQiu practiced devil cultivation. They aggressively advanced towards Jun YanZhi and Ji KeQing. Not wanting to bother with them, Jun YanZhi stepped to the side of the path:  "I ask that everyone do a thorough investigation."

Ji KeQing said coldly:  "I witnessed with my own eyes him being injured by the devil cultivation."

Mu Zhi Qiu had a good friend named Yang DongYe. He had always been somewhat biased against Hui Shi peak. However, now he could no longer endure and criticized:  "A single man and a single woman. What could you be doing together in the middle of the night. Maybe it was senior brother Mu that interrupted your interlude and so you concocted an evil scheme to frame him!"

Ji KeQing’s expression turned dark on hearing his words. In her hand appeared the handle of her long sword Qing Hua and as fast as lightning she slashed at Yang DongYe. Upon hearing the soft chiming sound, Yan DongYe panicked and attempted to parry the blow, yet was still stabbed in the arm.

The people gathered around him lifted him back to his feet and said to Ji KeQing:  "You injured a fellow sect member!"

Outside the Qing Xu main hall, the atmosphere was in a state of mutual hostility.

Jun YanZhi frowned: "Everyone please act with some propriety. You shouldn’t slander a woman’s reputation."

Ji KeQing glanced at him then looked grimly at the crowd.

……

Wen RenMu rushed out of the Qing Xu main hall and looked at Jun YanZhi standing together with in solidarity with the beautiful young woman and felt his heart bursting with bitterness.

ーExcerpt from 《A Calamity for All Living Things》Chapter 32.

The original text had Ji KeQing here. Unable to endure her purity being questioned, she stabbed a bloody hole into into Yang DongYe.

The matter had advanced by two months, but they were still raining abuse on Ji KeQing. How could this be? 

A long time later, Wen Jing heard Jun YanZhi’s explanation and understood.

Tian Heng peak had numerous disciples. Mu ZhiQi only had an opportunity to go on patrol after several months. However the refining of his devil merit law required blood refining once every month. If he had only gone on patrol at a later point, then there would have been many inconveniences.

Mu Zhi Qiu requested to do the mountain patrol on the 18th of each month and used this as a pretext to cultivate his devil merit law. Not doubting him, Wen RenMu gave his consent.

Jun YanZhi patrolled every month for three days. When drawing straws, he had ended up with the seventh through the ninth. In order to kill Mu ZhiQiu at a later time, he exchanged his slot with He Ling who held the sixteenth through the eighteenth.

However the eighteenth of each month was Ji KeQing’s day to patrol the sixteen peaks. Therefore, regardless whether it happened in the second lunar month or twelfth lunar month, he was bound to run into Ji KeQing sooner or later.

Now Lu ShaoQing and Wen RenMu had already stepped into the Qing Xu main hall. Remaining calm and collected, Jun YanZhi dragged Wen Jing along with him but was stopped by a Tian Heng disciple.

That disciple was enraged: "You’re already leaving! Exactly how did you come to fight with senior brother Mu?"

Jun YanZhi said: "What needed to be reported has already been reported. It would be better for you to wait for your master to come out than to argue about it again."

At this time several people came up and surrounded them.

"First you injure Wu Ying, then you kill senior brother Mu. What hatred do you and Hui Shi peak have against us?"