CHAPTER 26 KISS?

At this moment, out of the horizon suddenly appeared two dark clouds of ink. From a distance came sharp piercing cries.

A woman’s figure flew in front of the two dark clouds and arrived at the top of the cliff, shouting: “Everyone get out of the way!”

It was Ji KeQing’s voice.

Wen Jing was delighted.

Using a giant eagle, one would have the ability to find the hidden cold pool and also the chance to find the “Distant Wood spirit stone”.  With the “Distant Wood”, Jun YanZhi’s cultivation of his long-lost wood restoration technique would be able to finally break through his bottleneck. He had learned this set of techniques so that in the future if there was a time where the people of Zhu Feng country ended up in a bad situation, then at that time he would be able to step forward and save them.

In short, Wen Jing couldn’t afford to bear the consequences of this series of butterfly effects that he had caused.

Whether or not the country of Zhu Feng would be able to survive in the future depended on these two black beasts.

These two giant eagles had been raised by the master of Eight Winds cliff before he had ascended into the spirit realm. They were already thousands of years old and their cultivation had reached the middle of the gold core stage. Even the peak masters of Qing Xu sword sect may not be their opponents. They did not like outsiders to come to Eight Winds cliff and were easily provoked into fighting. When angered they would throw their victims into the cold pool to fend for themselves.

Ji KeQing dropped to the top of the cliff. Rolling a few times, she raised the sword in her hands and gritted her teeth.

As it turned out, during the time that the Wang Yue peak delegation had sought the spirit stone, they had provoked those giant eagles. Ji KeQing had a very strong personality and had offended this pair of black beasts, thus she had ended up being relentlessly chased. Continually catching and releasing Ji KeQing, they played with her like a cat playing with a mouse. It was intolerable.

Two inky black clouds turned in a flash to hover over the heads of the three individuals. When their wings unfolded, they were four to five zhang long and big enough to blot out the sun. Their ear-piercing cries resounded through everyone’s head and rattled their brains.

All of a sudden, a huge black shadow came down and dragged the four people into the fray. Wings bringing a strong gale, their bodies were tossed around. All of a sudden, Wen Jing was caught by a bone breaking strength, lifted into the air, and carried away into the sky. Huge claws held his body so tightly he could not move at all.

“Junior brother!” Jun YanZhi’s voice was urgent.

The giant eagle grasped Wen Jing with one set of claws and with the other reached for Ji KeQing with the intention to seize them both. Dizzy and light headed from the eagle’s movements, Wen Jing turned his head back to see the sword in Jun YanZhi’s hand suddenly emit an intense light blue light as he slashed at the giant eagle’s claws.

The eagle’s claws immediately let go of Ji KeQing only to grab at Jun YanZhi.

“Senior brother, be careful!”

In a flash, the eagle seized Jun YanZhi in its claws and flew into the air.

His body being held painfully tight, Wen Jing could only see Jun YanZhi out of the corner of his eye as the cold wind whistled in his ears. He could only listen as the other said soothingly said in a warm unhurried voice: “Junior brother, don’t be afraid.”

“I’m not afraid!” Wen Jing’s heart beat wildly.

The novel had written that the giant eagle had been gradually tamed by the master of Eight Winds Cliff over many years and even if it was unhappy, it would rarely take another person’s life.