CHAPTER 71

In lower cultivation worlds, there were only four stages: Qi Refining, Foundation Building, Golden Core, and Nascent Soul stage. There was not enough spiritual Qi within the world, causing many restrictions. Once a cultivator had reached the Lian Xu stage, they could ascend to an upper cultivation world. There, where the cultivators, demonic cultivators, and mythical beasts gathered, was another completely different world.

The Punishing Immortal Tower was precisely a Lian Xu stage treasure that was very rarely seen in the lower cultivation worlds.

That day, Wen Jing threw a daunting slash at the Punishing Immortal Tower, immediately causing everything to spin as his body was compressed and taken in. Before he had time to react, the rumbling and exploding sounds around him all stopped, as if a sandbag fell onto a hard and slightly hot area of the ground.

Wen Jing, dizzy and disoriented, touched the ground. Then he raised his head and looked at the walls around him that were gradually becoming red. Frightened, he immediately broke into a run.

The walls were becoming hot. Soon, the Punishing Immortal Tower would be filled with flames!

According to the descriptions in the second volume of《A Calamity for All Living Things》, there were eight openings that spouted incomparably terrifying flames in the tower. Normally, they were peaceful and quiet, completely calm. But, if someone entered, they would spout Xuan De Ming fire continuously until the person was burned into bacon and then turned into ash. 

However, although the Xuan De Ming fire could burn people to death, there were a few dead angles in the tower where the flames couldn’t burn temporarily. Nevertheless, these flames weren’t vegetarian. They changed directions every hour. Jun YanZhi had to move through the flames and rush to the new dead angles frequently.

He was trapped in the tower for over a year, without a moment’s rest, and was burned beyond recognition by the flames before he finally, luckily found a way out of the tower and was able to keep his life.

This method, which was found after countless hours of suffering and hard work, Wen Jing was able to know without the slightest effort. 

Except, knowing was one thing, but whether or not he could succeed would depend on his luck and strength.

The most important thing, though, was to first make sure he didn’t get burned to death by the flames.

“Swish—” His surroundings suddenly brightened. Raging flames blasted out, orange and scalding, filling up the inside of the tower instantly.

Wen Jing used all his strength to fly around inside the tower while anxiously thinking,‘Where is that dead angle?!’    

Run, run, run, run, run——!

Jun YanZhi’s cultivation level and speed were more than ten times that of Wen Jing’s, yet he was only faster than the flames by a hair. Wen Jing, who was in a panicked and flustered state, suddenly felt stinging pain from his butt. His eyes instantly widened as he loudly cursed, “F*ck you, Punishing Immortal Tower!” The eight openings were now all completely opened. It was as if there were fire wheels under his feet as he began to circle around the tower along the fire red wall.

“This is the literal version of setting your ass on fire!”

The hidden potential that burst out in emergency situations astounded even Wen Jing himself. A heatwave swept in from behind. Wen Jing’s heart was thumping widely, his body covered in sweat, as he leaped!