CHAPTER 27 WAITING FOR YOU TO GROW

He Ling eventually pulled Ji KeQing ashore.

Ji KeQing, who had a strong-minded personality, had now unexpectedly found herself in an embarrassing position in front of the three disciples of Hui Shi Peak. She wore a somewhat unsightly expression on her face and remained icily silent as she used her energy to dry her clothes.

He Ling looked around and saw mountains on three sides and a deep forest on the fourth. In front of them lay a deep pond filled with crystalline water that shone yellow-green under the sun. He frowned and said: “Where is this?”

“I don’t knowーー”

Just then, something in the water swam past, emitting a faint yellow light.

He Ling’s fist clenched, his cold voice even held a trace of excitement: “Sword wind fish?”

Hearing those words, Ji KeQing promptly leapt up and came over.

Eight Winds cliff had a kind of sword wind fish that sometime between the age of a few hundred years to a thousand, its body would begin to emit faint yellow rays of light. The sword wind fish swam at a very fast pace and was difficult to catch. However it was an extremely rare commodity for cultivation.

The sword wind fish was already difficult to find and the shining kind was even more impossible to locate. In the past few hundred years it had only been talked about but never seen.

He Ling was silent as he fixedly stared at the lake.

Wen Jing touched his nose and whispered to Jun YanZhi: “Second senior brother is interested in this fish. Let’s go sit nearby.”

“……very well.”

Wen Jing and Jun YanZhi sat on a boulder. The sunshine was warm and the youth’s pale honey cheeks were full of laughter. He fished out a white fruit from his bag, wiped it with his sleeve and handed it over: “Senior brother, here, eat this.”

Jun YanZhi’s throat moved: “……Mm.”

The youth’s fine hair blew in the breeze and brushed against his face. His heart itched.

The pair sat in silence. Jun YanZhi lowered his gaze to look at the side of the boy’s face and lightly leaned his shoulder against Wen Jing.

After a short while, the lake’s water gradually turned blue-green. He Ling suddenly plunged into the lake with a small splash, his figure resembling that of an animal hunting fish.

Wen Jing hesitated: “Second senior brother used the four underworld style to force the swordfish to surface from the water, why would he suddenly begin fishing like a bear? The swordfish’s speed is equal to that of a cultivator at the foundation stage.”

Jun YanZhi said carelessly: “He Ling is looking to practice his speed and accuracy, the fish is secondary.”

In the water, the sword wind fish wasn’t a fool. Seeing that someone sought to capture it, it increased its speed as it fled. Its body was slippery. He Ling’s hand touched its skin but could not hold on very well as it struggled free.

He Ling coldly snorted and step by step closed in as he contended with the sword wind fish. That fish had spent its entire life at the Eight Winds cliff and didn’t know how dangerous humans were. Very rarely someone would come and play with it and right now seeing that it had a playmate it excitedly swam around in the water and from time to time would approach He Ling.

Wen Jing’s mouth dropped open slightly and stayed that way.

Second senior brother and this fish’s disposition truly…… went against one’s expectations.