CHAPTER 52 THE TRUTH

Wen Jing removed the invisibility talisman and walked back with his head dropping down in sadness. He couldn’t help but grieve in his head about the uselessness of himself and the system.

According to the development of the original novel, all the disciples would go insane on the day of the competition. With a dragon roar, the dozens of stages would all start fighting simultaneously, yet no one had thought that the over 100 disciples, both on and off the stage, would all go insane. Those on the stage would crazily try to kill each other, and blood would flow everywhere. Soon, 20-30 people had already lost their lives.

If he couldn’t find the demonic cultivator now, that tragedy would become reality.

Suddenly, a small box appeared in his head. It buzzed like the screen would disappear.

“Host, Just now——beep beep——the system used all its strength to——place a ‘十’ mark on the demonic cultivator——beep beep——It should be on the demonic cultivator’s back. The system will need two months to repair——beep beep——beep——”

Next, there was only blackness in his head with no more messages as if the system had used up the last of its energy.

Wen Jing froze for a minute then tried to open the character value, only to be met with silence.

What was this?

The system had used all its strength to put a “十” mark on the demonic cultivators back. This sounded really useful, but in reality, there were a lot of problems. It couldn’t be that he had to strip all men who appeared to be around 20-30 years old and check one by one, right? 

The Sky Balance sect was covered in snow. Who would willingly take off their clothes?

He rode the wind back, his emotions going up and down. Suddenly, lights were lit, and the sounds of people’s voices were mixed together as if something big was happening. He looked over. Lights from spiritual Qi and fire lit up all of the mountain peak. Everything seemed to be in chaos. 

Wen Jing landed on the snow, grabbed a Sky Balance disciple, and asked: “What’s going on?”

That disciple was a bit panicked as he answered: “Many disciples in the guest peak have gone insane in the middle of the night. They were knocked unconscious and are currently being sent to cultivator Jun for treatment!”

“What? People went insane tonight? Where’s Jun shixiong?”

“Cultivator Jun is in the room.” After that disciple finished, he commanded two disciples, “Quickly, this is the 16th one. Carry them over for cultivator Jun to treat!”

“Did anyone die?”

“As of now, no!”

The corridor leading to the room was full of bodies laying chaotically. Many idle people who came to see the drama were unbearably noisy. Wen Jing stood on his tip toes and crossed over the bodies before he finally came back to his room.

“Jun shixiong……”

The door was opened wide, and an unconscious disciple laid on the floor. Jun YanZhi had draped his coat over himself and sat crossed legged, paying no attention to his surroundings.

Wen Jing slightly relaxed.

The demonic cultivator took action one step earlier and made the incident happen in the middle of the night. This was better than in the original novel. The stages had a protective barrier that could only be broken by cultivators with Golden Core cultivation or higher. Additionally, the disciples had weapons in their hands. Under their suicidal resistance, it was impossible to prevent deaths from occurring.