CHAPTER 41

Once the tortoise finished eating the white fruit, it crawled back to Wen Jing and was picked up by him. With some embarrassment, Wen Jing said: “This tortoise has already not eaten for many days. Normally, it’s not this gluttonous. Today, I owe you a favor for the white fruit. In the future, I’ll definitely pay it back. This is my Jun shixiong’s tortoise. You can find him if there’s anything.”

You Si smiled: “Favors, this kind of thing, naturally, the more people owe me, the better.”

Wen Jing thought about the interactions that had happened between them before and said: “Last time, I luckily won. If there’s a chance someday, we can compete again. However, the case of the demonic cultivator, will you continue to investigate?”

You Si nodded: “Of course, I’m going to investigate. Are you interested?”

“Yes.”

You Si pondered and then smiled: “We can talk about it later.”

Wen Jing thought that they were not very familiar with each other so him being on guard was very normal: “Okay, we’ll talk about it later. I’ll leave first.”

The tortoise laid in Wen Jing’s arms with its head in its shell, seeming to be asleep. Wen Jing carried it and flew to his residence, locking the door tightly, before he went to Tian Heng peak’s main hall.

The main hall was halfway up the mountain, facing the cliff. There was a plaza of light green stone in front that had the capacity to hold up to a few hundred people.

Light green smoke swayed in the wind, as an old man with a long beard stood straight in the center while holding his sword. The bronze statue was of cultivator Ku Mu. Back in the days, cultivator Ku Mu washed the Xun Yang mountain range with blood hence becoming famous. Thus, the statue looked cold and was seeped in a desolate feeling.

Wen Jing walked to the front hall. The clouds floated around the halfway point of the mountain so it seemed as if one was walking on the clouds.

He was blocked by a disciple in front of the hall who said, in an unkind tone of voice: “Who are you? You’re not allowed in.”

“I’m a disciple of Hui Shi peak. My Jun shixiong told me to come help.”

That disciple was a big block head. Once he saw that Wen Jing gave off a gentle feeling, and his cultivation was lower than his, he started to get even more annoyed and wanted to drive him away. However, the disciple standing next to him quietly said: “That Jun YanZhi is currently in the limelight and has good prospects. We can’t offend him now. How about we go in and ask?”

The other disciple felt indignant. He dawdled for awhile, expressing his unwillingness before he said: “Wait.”

He jogged into the hall and then came right back out after awhile. His attitude became slightly better: “Go in.”

The hall was lined with numerous disciples. The silence and stillness was similar to one in a morgue. However, a wood fragrance gently floated around, without a single trace of the heaviness of death. Instead, it was vibrant and filled with life, making people feel refreshed.

Jun YanZhi stood at the innermost part of the hall, gently rubbing his wrist before sitting down.

With Zhu Jin and Wen RenMu as the center, around a dozen Foundation Building disciples stood together, watching Jun YanZhi from far away. Xi Fang, Lu ZhiShan, and Elder Lu sat on the platform in the hall, glancing down from above.

Those gazes held probing and speculation, but what those gazes held, even more, was expectation.

Whether he would succeed or not would determine the future of Qing Xu Sword sect.