CHAPTER 42 QI TRANSFER TECHNIQUE

On the first day, Wen Jing swung a total of twenty times. In the beginning, he just fell and got back up. Later, he started to gradually not be able to use his Qi. The sword got heavier and heavier. He had to rest for a long time after he managed a single swing.

During the day, it was an unspeakable agony. During the night, his waist was sore and his back hurt. Wen Jing laid in his blankets repeating a mnemonic rhyme that Duan Xuan taught him. With extreme concentration, he slowly moved his Qi to flow throughout his body, mumbling to himself, and didn’t sleep for the entire night.

On the second day, while he was swinging the sword, Wen Jing took a deep breath and used that mnemonic rhyme again to circulate Qi. Then with a thrust, he swung his sword out, shocking and frightening two butterflies that were passing by. He actually only staggered. His butt didn’t hit the ground.

As such, Wen Jing gradually found the trick for it. Everyday, he would practice the sword as if possessed. By the time it was the fifth day, he had actually swung 162 times. He was progressing extremely fast.

On the sixth day, Duan Xuan came and asked how many times Wen Jing swung in total. Wen Jing’s heart beated frantically. He didn’t know if Duan Xuan had some way of even finding out how many times he swung so he didn’t dare to lie. He truthfully told him that he swung 372 times.

Duan Xuan frowned and was about to get mad, but in the end, he endured and asked: “Did you secretly laze around?”

Wen Jing: “No.”

“With your qualifications, you should be able to swing about 600 times.”

Wen Jing didn’t know how to answer. It was as if he returned to when he was in middle school and got a 60 on maths. His parents would angrily say: “With your IQ, you should be able to get a 90!”

As such, Wen Jing insisted: “Shifu, I didn’t laze around at all!”

For a second, Duan Xuan seemed to choke. He angrily replied: “Is that how you talk to your shifu?”

Wen Jing wanted to cry but had no tears. There really was a feeling of deja vu as if he had returned back to his middle school days. No matter what you said, it was always wrong. It was better to not say anything……

Thus, Wen Jing lowered his head and put on an appearance of repenting.

Duan Xuan: “Starting from today, swing 200 times a day.”

“Yes.” Wen Jing cautiously asked: “When will shifu teach me sword techniques?”

“Once you’ve swung about 50,000 times.”

“……Understood.” Because of the number, his heart slightly stopped for a moment.

Although swinging the sword was dull, Wen Jing found out that when he swung the sword, the circulation of his Qi had a subtle difference. He carefully savored the feeling. Day and night, even when he was sleeping or eating, he was completely out of it. In a blur, gradually whenever he lifted the sword, his Qi would immediately surge. There wasn’t even a single stagnation or delay. Everything was in perfect harmony.

Wen Jing loved that feeling of his Qi being in harmony and seemed to have forgotten the time.

Hence, when a familiar elegant figure appeared in front of him while he was swinging the sword, Wen Jing blanked.

He put down the sword that was in his hands: “Jun shixiong, have you finished treating those people?”

Jun YanZhi: “……En. Just finished it tonight.”