CHAPTER 18 ELIMINATE MISFORTUNE

The moonlight like water, Wen Jing flew within the mountain. The mountain road was clearly visible.

The python’s whereabouts were unclear. This was not a moonless day of the month that he searched for a trace of the serpent, but on the contrary, it was a night filled with moonlight that he had learned it might occasionally be seen.

Arriving at the monolith, Wen Jing stealthily flew by only to see the immense coil of its body. The python’s tongue flicked out. Its body no longer trembling, it lay quiet and still as it gazed at the moon looking bored to death.

He quietly tossed over a piece of hongfan fruit.

The python’s head suddenly lifted up and bit the hongfan fruit. Glancing at Wen Jing it immediately spit it out. The fruit rolled across the ground.

Wen Jing picked up the piece of hongfan fruit and wiped it off: "You clearly like to eat it, why aren’t you willing to accept it……"

Not daring to act rashly, he once again pulled out a piece of hongfan fruit and silently sat down on a nearby rock.

His placed his hand on the body of the python and very slowly and gently began to stroke.

The python didn’t resist. Wen Jing was secretly happy. Not satisfied with his small victory he reached his hand towards its head.

This temperamental serpent was difficult to coax yet unexpectedly it tolerated his behavior.

At last, his hand reached the top of its head. The serpent shifted, apparently somewhat dissatisfied but did nothing else.

Wen Jing was restless at heart. He wasn’t shaken off?

He stroked for a while. The python lowered its head and quietly flicked its tongue. Wen Jing decided to quit while he was ahead and pulled out two hongfan fruit and held them out in front of him: "Eat."

The python bowed its head and ignored him.

Wen Jing restrained himself for a long time, his heart thumping until finally he couldn’t help but to quietly say: "You’ll become my demon beast, ok?"

His voice had hardly fallen when the python’s head suddenly lifted up with an ice-cold expression. Its coils stretched out as its body blocked the moon.

Enveloped in the python’s shadow, Wen Jing trembled and asked: "You don’t like the idea of becoming my demon beast? Uh, I got it……I won’t anymore, I won’t dare ask again……"

Suddenly, there was a loud sound from not too far away. A ray of light rose into the sky and illuminated the night.

A green light thrust at the python!

The python’s eyes were ice-cold as it flew into the sky and promptly formed a protective screen of blue light in front of its body.

The green light struck the barrier and scattered, raining down like needles upon the surrounding rocks.

Wen Jing covered his head. Injured by the sharp spiritual energy, his arms and thighs immediately began to pour blood. He was greatly shocked.

The surprise attack was from a golden core cultivator. Not only that, he had already reached the late stage of cultivation! Who could it be?

Wen Jing felt himself to be incomparably insignificant. He didn’t know how he could escape when suddenly the python wound its tail around his waist in protection.

The green light came again and fell on the monolith forming the figure of a tall and straight Taoist.

Appearing about thirty he was dressed a dull gray Taoist robe. His hair was worn in a messy bun giving him a slovenly appearance.