CHAPTER 19 THREE YANG PHYSIQUE

Whenever a holiday comes around, I feel homesick for my family. Especially on the lunar New Year.

Needless to say, this time I’m spending it in an ice spring.

Surrounded by pine trees, icicles hung down from branches weighed down with snow. In the distance could be seen the crown of Hui Shi peak and rising towards the heavens, Qing XuZi’s monolith. This scenery truly seemed like an immortal land.

Unfortunately, this was of no use to Wen Jing who was standing in the ice spring wearing only a pair of trousers.

His teeth were chattering, his complexion was pale as he complained to himself.

This was really too vicious, so cruel……

Lunar New Years Eve, the senior brothers were eating dumplings although they had been actually sent here to train.

The ice spring water’s special nature was that it never froze, only chilled to the bone. For a sixth level Qi Refining cultivator, it was possible to withstand with difficulty the cold energy, and it was unlikely that one would freeze.

One’s body would automatically release spiritual energy to resist the effects and with continual effort, it would eventually help one’s cultivation. Wen Jing wondered if there might be some sort of progress if you soaked in this ice spring for more than a month.

However, this kind of cultivation method was too bitter for words. If a person, unless they had no other choice, used this method it would be considered self-abuse. For example, the infused snow mountain jade ginseng tea was comfortable and quickly increased one’s cultivation.

It could be assumed that this Duan Xuan was too ruthless.

From early morning until evening he had been confined to the ice spring. His stomach rumbled. Only Liu QianMo had come to see him just one time. He had fed Wen Jing a few mouthfuls which touched his forlorn heart.

Now, his senior brothers were eating the Lunar New Years Eve dinner with that vicious master. Certainly, no one would dare send him anything to eat.

Wen Jing’s heart was not resigned. On the Lunar New Years Eve, everyone was united together, warm and lively, all except himself who was alone and suffering……

He should sweep the snow in front of his own door before worrying about other people’s business……what truth did Duan Xuan want him to understand?

Playing the hero is very exciting while its happening, but the hardship he was experiencing now was enough to wear down his willpower.

Even if he was being punished now, that python was unaware……was this Duan Xuan’s goal?

The sky grew dim and trees slowly became shrouded in darkness. Wen Jing’s lips were completely blue.

So cold, I really want to close my eyes……

He didn’t know how long it had been when suddenly a sensation of heat began to spread from his shoulder and slowly warmed his body.

Wen Jing abruptly became clearheaded and grabbed the hand on his shoulder: “…Who?”

Darkness lay all around. Wen Jing was unable to see clearly and could only see someone crouching alone on the bank. The hand’s fingers were long and slender, lightly calloused with a smooth texture……very attractive.

From the bank came the sound of a man’s low voice, gentle and warm. He said with a reassuring feeling: “Junior Brother Lu.”

“Jun, Senior Brother Jun?” Wen Jing felt a little helpless, “What are you doing here?”