317. Pandemonium

It's the 3rd day of the Grand Magic Games now and the 1st event will start soon. There's no serious problem after Ben made a ruckus in the Sabertooth building. It just makes Jiemma can't attend today's games, that's all, it's nothing serious.

Yukino also spent the night in Fairy Tail's hotel last night. No one has the heart to let that poor girl outside without any place to stay by herself. They allowed her to stay there until the tournament ends, but she insisted to leave this morning, so they let her.

Anyway, the organizer finally announces the first game. It's a game called Pandemonium, which means a chaotic situation. Ben thinks hard about who he'll send because he can't really guess what this game is about.

"Laxus, do you want to play?" asks Ben.

Laxus seems annoyed and says, "So you want to push me into this because you don't know what the game is? Piss off, man, I won't play your game. Do it yourself!"

"Well, I just wanna give you a chance because you haven't played at all," says Ben.

"I will play tomorrow if I don't fight in today's battle. I told you I just want to fight, right? I don't want to play these game events and want a proper battle," says Laxus.

"Hmm, fine, do as you please," says Ben before he jumps to the arena.

He looks at Fairy Tail A and they send Erza who hasn't played. There's also a change in team A's lineup. Wendy is now joining the team because Gajeel is still recovering after his battle yesterday against Bacchus.

Strangely, he has just felt all his injuries last night. He didn't feel it right away yesterday and only felt stiff. That's why he joined the bride & groom theme contest with Levy because he still felt fine even though he was covered in bandages.

Porlyusica said that his adrenaline was still high at that time, so he didn't feel the pain. But when he get relaxed last night, all the injuries that he received finally come up. Wendy has healed most of his injuries, but he isn't fit yet, so he's forced to rest today.

Anyway, the other teams also send their members to compete. Surprisingly, Lamia Scale sends Jura, so this will be the 2nd time Ben competes with Jura in this tournament. It makes him quite excited even though they might not fight each other.

Sabertooth sends Orga, Blue Pegasus sends Hibiki, Mermaid Heel sends Milliana, Quatro Cerberus sends Nobarly, while Scarmiglione sends a short man named Glock. Orga is quite wary of Ben but he doesn't care and just stands there silently.

"I heard you made a ruckus last night," says Jura while walking toward Ben.

"Really? I was just greeting and cheering them because they looked down after they failed to get any point yesterday," says Ben nonchalantly.

"And your idea of cheering them is by making their Guild Master stay in hospital?" asks Jura.

Ben just looks away while whistling, making Jura sigh. He then ignores Ben because nothing will change even if they continue to talk. Jura knows just how stubborn Ben can be when he believes what he did is right.

After they stop talking, the pumpkin man comes and tells them about the game. When he starts talking about the Pandemonium game, a massive building comes out from the sky. It comes out upside down and it covers the sky.

"This is Pandemonium, which has 100 monsters inside it. The monsters are categorized into different ranks from D to S. Each rank gives a different point when you defeat it. You choose the number and rank of monsters that you'll challenge in turns. Please think carefully of the monsters that you'll choose because the strongest monster here can even rival a Wizard Saint," says the pumpkin man, making the crowd excited.

"Ooh, you hear that, Jura? There's a monster as weak as you in there," says Ben while giggling.

Jura gets pissed by Ben's mockery and then he tries to hit Ben, but none of his attacks land. He knows Ben said that because he is weaker than Ben. But it still pisses him off, a mockery is still a mockery, it will piss the one who gets mocked.

The pumpkin man then resumes his explanation, ignoring the 2 Wizard Saints. Then he takes out a draw lot made of some straws with a number on them. Jura finally stops chasing Ben so they can take the straw.

Ben keeps giggling as he takes a random straw, but suddenly his giggle stops. He gets number 8, the last number, which will give him a disadvantage. Now, it's Jura's turn to laugh because he gets number 2, which makes Ben's expression gets dark.

Everyone reveals their number and the first one who'll go is actually Erza. Ben grins seeing that because this will be better than he thought. He knows Erza's personality very well, so he knows what she'll do.

"Erza doing it will give more impact than me doing it. No one will be surprised when a Wizard Saint achieves something great, after all," says Ben.

Erza doesn't make him disappointed because she challenges all the monsters. She challenges 100 monsters in the Pandemonium. It surprises everyone and it makes Fairy Tail Mages smile because this is what they expected Erza to do.

She enters the building without any hesitation despite the warning from the pumpkin man. Then soon after she enters the 1st room, some D & C rank monsters appear. They are big and look strong even though they are at the lowest levels here.

"What are you doing?" asks Jura at Ben who is setting up a beach chair & table in the arena.

"I just want to enjoy the show," says Ben nonchalantly before he sits and takes out a box of popcorn.

Ben even summons one of his contracted Nikora to watch with him. The one who comes is the yellow Nikora, which he named Dio. He puts Dio on his lap and they start eating popcorn together, making the others sweatdrop.

But their attention suddenly changes to Erza again as the battle finally starts. The monsters finally attack her and she starts using her Requip Magic. Erza changes her armor and weapons a few times to judge the enemies' power.

After she understood the monsters' power a little, she increases her pace. Erza starts massacring the artificial monsters at a fast pace. The monsters get stronger as she climbs the Pandemonium.

But none of them pose any real threat to her and she kills them quite easily. She doesn't even look tired after fighting so many monsters. Well, if she gets tired just because of this, Ben will give her hellish training again.

Ben has trained almost everyone in the guild one way or another. He also focused on training the ones who participate in this tournament before it started. So he has trained Erza too and he knows she can do this game well.

Erza really does it well and she kills the D to A rank monsters in just a few minutes. She doesn't receive many injuries and she still not looks tired. Now, there's only an S-rank monster left which is said to be as strong as a Wizard Saint.

The S rank monster is surprisingly the eyeball creature that kept following her and taking videos of the battles. Erza then fights it and it is a strong monster. But to say it can rival a Wizard Saint is an overstatement. It can give a rather tough fight to a Wizard Saint, but it isn't at their level at all.

Well, at least for the current Wizard Saints who are stronger than the previous generations because of the yearly Wizard Saint tournament that forces them to keep improving themselves if they want to keep their titles from challengers.

Anyway, Erza defeats the monster and clears the Pandemonium by herself. Just like what Ben thought, the impact of her victory is big. People finally see Fairy Tail as a very strong guild again and it's not because they have Ben, it's because their members are strong.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 352 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 363 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)