235. Saved Children

After burying the dead villagers, Ben & Mira treat the children's wounds. The children are dispirited so Ben & Mira don't say anything while treating them. They just talk after the children calm down a little.

"Kids, I know this is a difficult day for you but you need to stay strong. You still have future ahead of you, so don't waste it," says Ben.

"Then what should we do? We can't do anything on our own because we are still very young," says the oldest kid, a girl who seems to be 9 y.o.

"We can send you to an orphanage, but I have a better idea. The guys who attacked you were Dark Mages, Zeref's worshippers. They must have a reason to let you live. My guess is that you have talents for magic, you can be Mages," says Ben.

The children are surprised because they never know it. They aren't sure that Ben is saying the truth, but he doesn't just make a wild guess. He has faced Zeref's worshippers many times and there are many records of their attacks.

Usually, they would just massacre the villages or towns that they attacked. When they let some people live, usually children, it's because the children have talents for magic. These children are potential members & experimental subjects for them.

"You are doubting it, aren't you? Well, no one will know for sure until we test it," says Ben.

Ben then asks Mira to help him inspects the children's talent for magic. Mira nods and then they start their little test. The children are wary of them, but Mira & Bella can calm them down so they agree to get inspected.

The inspection method that Ben & Mira use is a simple one. They flow a small amount of their Magic Power into the children's bodies to see their reactions. If they have Magic Power, there will be a reaction like a resonance.

After inspecting all the children, they find out that the children really have talents for magic. Although Ben can feel that their talents are ordinary, they still have talents. As long as they work hard, then they can be strong Mages.

Mages are still not that common now. Only a few percents of humans are Mages. So finding 7 children with talents for magic at once in a small village like this is rare. Ben can't miss this chance because it is a very rare opportunity.

"Kids, you all have talents for magic. That's why I can give you another option. You can join a Magic Guild instead of going to an orphanage. In the Magic Guild, you can earn money for yourselves while learning magic and get stronger," says Ben.

Ben then explains about Magic Guilds to the children. He tells them the types of Magic Guilds which are Legal, Dark, and Independent Guilds. He tells them the difference and advice them to choose Legal Guilds because these guilds provide better protection.

"Have you ever heard of any Legal Magic Guild or maybe you have one that you want to join?" asks Ben.

"I-I know one, it's Lamia Scale. We hired their Mages a few times, so I know their guild's name," says a little boy.

"Oh, Lamia Scale. It is a legal Guild, so there is no problem. Do you want to join them?" asks Mira.

The children look at each other but they don't answer because they are still confused.

"Big brother & sister, are you from legal Guilds?" asks a little girl.

"Fairy Tail!" says Bella excitedly.

"Yeah, we are from a legal Guild named Fairy Tail. This big brother over here is the Guild Master, you know," says Mira while smiling.

The children are amazed and a boy says, "Wow! So you are an important person."

Ben just smiles before the oldest girl asks, "If you are from a legal Guild, then why you didn't ask us to join your guild?"

"Well, I don't want to force you. You have the freedom to choose where you'll live. I will just help you to find a good place. Lamia Scale is our guild's ally and it is a good guild, so I don't have any problem if you join it. But if you choose a bad guild, then I will ask you to choose a better one," says Ben.

After hearing what Ben says, the children discuss it. Ben & Mira move away to give them room to talk. But Ben can still hear them even from a distance because of his sharp hearing sense.

He can hear that they are split into 2 factions. A group chooses Lamia Scale because they know the guild. While the other one chooses Fairy Tail because they get saved by Ben's group. They have a rather long discussion before they finally make a decision.

"So, what have you decided?" asks Ben.

"Um, we have decided that we will split. 4 of us will join Lamia Scale & 3 will join your guild. Is that okay?" asks the oldest girl timidly.

"Of course, that's okay. You all can even go to Lamia Scale if you want, you know. There's no need to be worried about repaying us or something by joining our guild," says Mira.

"No, it's not like that. The 4 of them like Lamia Scale and always want to join the guild if they can be Mages. But the 3 of us don't have any guild in mind. So we think that the best way is by following you because at least we know you," says the oldest girl.

"Well, it's fine. But you all need to be ready to work hard and follow the rules in the guild that you join. Don't regret this decision, alright?" asks Ben.

"Yes!" replies the children.

Ben's group then takes the children to the next town first using a carriage that gets installed on Ben's Light Runner. They rent a big hotel room that can house all of them at once. Then Ben calls Lamia Scale to pick the children that will join them.

He also calls Macao to send their men to pick up the children who want to join them. He can't send them now because he has a business in Magic Council. But Mira & Bella will stay with them because they still need guardians.

After finishing the matter of these children, Ben goes alone to the Magic Council. It is better this way actually because he doesn't need to worry if a ruckus happens there. Mira & Bella will be safe if something happens because they stay far from there.

"AI Chip, is everything ready?" asks Ben while he drives.

[Yes, I've been collecting your memories and also your clones' memories. They have been collated into a file and are ready to be used. You just need to install it in a lacrima crystal ball. Just put your hand on the lacrima crystal ball and I will do the rest.]

"Alright, the weapon is ready. Now I just need to use it against the enemies. I hope the Magic Council is ready for this. I can't wait to see their reactions," says Ben while smirking.

Ben takes out a lacrima crystal ball and puts his hand on it. Then the lacrima crystal ball shines as AI Chip does its job. Ben just provides the Magic Power and it does the rest, so he can focus on driving.

He drives through some forests, towns, and even deserts. It takes him almost 12 hours to reach the town where the new National Council Branch is located because he doesn't drive too fast. Yes, it's a new location because the previous one has been destroyed by Jellal & Ultear.

It's night already when he arrives, so he rests in a hotel. He prepares a few more things while he is in the hotel. The next day, he finally goes to the Council building. It's the day that Jura has set so he just needs to come and starts his plan.

In front of the big building, Ben smirks and says, "Damn bastards, here I come."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 270 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 281 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)