251. Choosing

Ben, Mira & Bella go to the Magic Library through the teleportation door. Macao can handle the guild's affairs for now so they don't need to worry. Their priority right now is the Magic Library.

"Mira, I will modify the Library's defense systems to avoid unnecessary problems. You can proceed with our plan while I do that," says Ben.

"Alright, I've prepared what you asked for," says Mira.

Ben nods and makes 7 clones before he leaves to do his job. Mira takes out a thick book after Ben left and goes to a room with the clones. A clone then takes out a thick book from a shelf and gives it to Mira.

The book's content is the list of magic books stored in this library. Mira will copy it so they can find any book they want when the time comes. Keeping the real book list is also an option but it might bring trouble if the real one disappears.

While Mira does her job, the 7 clones spread all over the library. They will read the magic books that Ben hasn't read when he was here. The clones wear Gale-Force Reading Glasses with 120 times reading speed enhancement, so they can read very fast.

Still, there are too many magic books here so they won't finish everything in a short time. They also can't just read too many books at once because it will burden Ben's brain a lot when they dispel themselves and their memories are sent to Ben.

AI Chip also needs time to process all the information that it receives from the clones and sort it out. All those processes are fast compared to the normal method where he needs to learn the books by himself, but it still takes time to finish everything.

Ben also plans to copy all the magic books in this Magic Library and uses the copies as the guild's collections. But he still hasn't found the people that can do the job because this job is difficult. Not to mention the ones who do this must be people that he trust because it's very important.

For now, Ben just wants to improve his own power so he sends his clones to read the books. The magic books that they prioritize are those related to his Sun Magic, which means that they are searching for the elements connected to the Sun.

He has prioritized them in the past but there are still many books that he hasn't read. Also, he tries to find clues on God Slayer Magic. Too bad that the Magic Library doesn't have anything related to Slayer Magic except for the record or simple explanations.

The day went without a hitch and Ben successfully modify the defense system. He is quite disappointed though because there's no clue about God Slayer Magic. Zancrow's soul also doesn't provide much information.

The Fire God Slayer Lacrima that he got by extracting Zancrow's magic is more useful because he can get some information. But the information is just superficial and it's not enough. He will get the detail if he plants the lacrima in his body but he doesn't want to.

"I don't want to be a Fire God Slayer. My target is to learn Sun God Slayer so I can't use the lacrima. But the information about the magic that I got from the lacrima without planting it on myself is limited. I need the Fire God Slayer Magic Book. It seems I need to visit Grimoire Heart's base and search the Fire God Slayer Magic Book myself," says Ben as he goes to meet Mira.

Mira has copied a quarter of the list book's content. She is fast considering the number of books on the list reaches tens of thousands. It will take at least 4 days for her to finish but it's not really a problem.

Then for the next few days, they keep working on Magic Library while going home at night through the teleportation door. They finish in a week because they reduce their working rate to not strain themselves.

After Mira finished copying the list book, Ben makes a new regulation. All Fairy Tail members are allowed to choose any magic book from the Magic Library once for free. But if they want more, they need to collect contribution points.

They can collect contribution points by completing jobs or other tasks that help the guild. Each magic book has different contribution points based on its rarity & grade. AI Chip has made the points for each book so Ben just needs to write them on the list.

He made this system so that everyone will work to get what they want rather than just asking. But he gives them one chance to choose any magic book they want for free. So they all need to use this chance very well.

"Remember this! Higher grades & rare books aren't always better for you. Choosing magic books that match you and will help with your current progress is better. You also need to consider the difficulty of learning the magic and if you have enough power to use it. A sword isn't always better than a knife. It all depends on the one who uses them. So choose wisely," says Ben after he announces the new regulation.

Everyone understands what he meant and they know he is right. So they all take their time to choose the magic books carefully. They all have the same priority, which is to find the magic books that can improve their magic.

All of them choose carefully and ask for each other's opinion. They also consult Ben if they choose the correct magic books. Choosing the magic book takes a long time because everyone is very careful.

It takes 4 days for everyone in the guild to choose the magic books. After that, they all start to learn the magic books that they've just got. But Ben only allows them to read the magic books inside the Magic Library to avoid incidents like the books missing.

Ben also tells them to do jobs and not just read the books. They need to keep the guild working or there won't be any quest issued to their guild anymore. The Mages also can try the new spells that they've just learned.

Each magic books contain some spells so they can learn one spell at a time and use it first before learning the other spells. They aren't Ben who has AI Chip that helps him learn multiple spells at once. So they all need time to finish learning their books.

The guild works normally again after that and their work rate even increases. Everyone is pumped up after they learn new spells and want to try them immediately. There's no Mage who won't be happy after improving their magic.

A week after the guild work properly again, Ben sets out to do his own thing. He takes an S-Class job alone while also intending to go to Grimoire Heart's base. His job's location is near the base so he takes it.

Ben goes alone without Bella because this might be dangerous. Also, he intends to wipe out the Grimoire Heart and kills the surviving members who left Tenrou Island, so he doesn't want to bring anyone with him. He has a deep grudge towards them because they were the ones who caused Acnologia to appear on Tenrou Island.

"It has been a long time since I killed people for revenge. The last time I did it was when I killed those gangsters on Earth that led to my execution. I did it fast at that time because that was the only way to kill them all before I got captured. But now, I can take my time for this revenge because I have the power to do so," says Ben while looking at the map that he has prepared.

He smirks and says, "Grimoire Heart, you will pay the price for everything you did to us."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 286 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 297 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)