243. Anima Plan

Ben set up the rune formation on the training ground. He makes it as small as possible just like what AI Chip told him. It's not difficult to set up a 10 cm wide rune formation, but it will take time to finish because he needs to be careful.

The rune formation finally finishes after half an hour because it's Ben's first time building it. He still needs to understand each rune's function while he set it up to not make any mistakes. The size also lengthens the time he needs to set it up.

"It's good, right?" asks Ben.

[Yes, there's no mistake. Rune formation is ready to be activated.]

Ben nods and then pours just a little of his magic power into the rune formation. The formation glows very dimly because Ben really just pour a little magic power into it. He just wants to use it at its lowest power for the first time.

After the rune formation gets activated, Ben suddenly finds himself in outer space or a place that looks like it. He knows it's just the effect of the rune formation and this is just what he sees in his mind. His real body is still on the training ground.

In the outer space-like place, Ben sees many portals with videos shown inside them. There are so many of them that Ben can't count their number. They are the parallel universes of Earth Land, just like Edolas, which is also shown here.

Ben knows that Edolas is also shown here because it's the first one he sees, showing that it's the closest universe to Earth Land. He can see the capital where Mystogan lives now. That place is easy to recognize because he has gone there once before.

Furthermore, he can feel the magic power emanating from these universes, and he doesn't feel anything from Edolas because it has sent all its magic power to Earth Land after Mystogan used Reverse Anima.

Ben goes around to look at these universes from the portal. Most of them don't have magic power or their magic power is too weak to be used. They are like Earth where Ben used to live, just normal worlds.

There aren't many universes with abundant magic power like Earth Land. The universe with much higher magic power than Earth Land is even less in number. But they are easy to find because they really stand out from the rest.

Ben is currently floating in front of the universe with the highest magic power here. He can feel its overabundant magic power just from the image he sees in the portal. The magic in this universe is far denser than in Earth Land.

Some of this magic power is leaking into this outer space, so Ben knows the estimated magic power of that world. This is how the upgraded Anima that AI Chip made works. It connects parallel universes and takes a sample of their magic power density.

Ben can feel the magic power and then AI Chip will calculate it. The calculation is to estimate the magic power of that universe. Then it will be compared to Earth Land so Ben will know which one has the most magic power compared to Earth Land.

Right now, he watches the portal in front of him which leaks out the most magic power. He is investigating this world through the live video he watches. This live video is an improvement that AI Chip made, so it's not available in the original version of Anima.

"Ooh, they have good magic items. That magic is very interesting. Wow, it's a woman's bath," says Ben as he watches the video change places.

[Please focus on important things.]

"Alright, alright," says Ben before he changes the video locations.

All the places that Ben investigated have really high magic power density. Even the most remote place has a higher magic power density than Earth Land. It causes this universe to have a higher number of Mages than Earth Land.

But there are many places that Ben can't investigate because their magic densities are too high. That, or there are dangerous magical creatures or Mages that might detect him in those places, so he doesn't investigate these places.

He doesn't know what kind of monsters such a world can make, so he doesn't want to take a risk. His aim isn't to kill himself, but to get more magic power through Anima. He is copying what Edolas did but he won't be that stupid.

Ben wants to steal magic power from a universe with much more magic power than Earth Land. He wants to set up the Anima under his guild to make the magic power density in Fairy Tail higher than in other places.

With higher magic power density, the Mages there will grow stronger easier than before, including him. If he wants to reach Acnologia's level faster, he needs sufficient resources. The most important resource he needs is, of course, magic power.

But he needs to be careful because the sudden change of magic power density on Magnolia will gather attention from other guilds, Magic Council, other countries & even the Wizard Saints. They might try to do something like trying to take over the place.

This is where his Wizard Saint title will be rather useful. Those who think like that will need to think twice before doing it. But it doesn't guarantee them to not attack, so hiding it is still the best option.

Ben already has a plan for that so he isn't too worried about that. He is more worried about the other problem. If he could feel Anima that was used by Edolas, it will surely be felt too by the Mages from the target universe.

That's why he is worried if these Mages will try to do something through the Anima that connects them. He needs to be extra careful with his magic power stealing plan using Anima or it will endanger him & his guild.

The best solution that Ben can think of is by stealing a small amount of magic power from many remote locations of the target universe. That way, he can lower the amount of magic power absorption by each Anima and avoid detection.

He will also set up other defensive measures in case his Anima gets detected. There are still many things to do before he can start to set up his Animas. But when it finishes, he will gain so many benefits and get stronger a lot faster than before.

"AI Chip, we need to set a lot of defensive measures, especially concealment," says Ben after he deactivates the tester Anima.

[What kind of concealment?]

"Anything is fine as long as we can hide all the magic power that we steal. We need to hide it from this universe and that universe. It will be really bad if either side finds out about this," says Ben.

[Understood. But we don't have sufficient data to make high-level concealment. I suggest you go to the Magic Library again and get more knowledge about concealment spells.]

"Sigh, the lack of data, huh? There's no choice then, I will go to Magic Library soon to get all the data we need. This project is very important so we need to do everything we can for this," says Ben.

Ben's Anima experiment finally finishes and now he knows what he needs. Luckily, nothing bad happens and he gets valuable data from this experiment. Now, he will return to Magnolia and prepare for the next steps.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 278 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 289 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)