296. Demon Hunting

Ben takes the job just with Bella now. He didn't bring her to the 10 Years Quest before because he didn't know how dangerous it was. But it wasn't as dangerous as he thought. Maybe because his power was very compatible with that job, but it was quite easy.

The current job might be easier because it's just a normal S-Class job. Their job is to hunt 3 demons that destroyed 2 towns simultaneously in Bosco. Those 3 demons have been confirmed to be Demons from the Books of Zeref.

Bosco's Mages have tried to slay the demons, but those demons were strong. They also disappear without any trace after destroying the 2 towns. That's why the job is to hunt the demons, not just subjugate them because no one knows where the demons have gone to.

"Isn't this quite exciting, Bella? We'll hunt creatures like the good old days. The difference is that we hunt animals for food in the past and now we hunt demons," says Ben.

"Hunt milk," says Belle while extending her hands to Ben.

"Ye-yeah, we've hunted milk too because we were running out of milk for you." Ben sweatdrops and gives Bella a bottle of milk from his space storage. She has a lot in her storage bag, but she rarely takes hers and often asks for the ones that Ben keeps.

Anyway, they arrive in Bosco after a day, and they go to Bosco's Council Branch to confirm their arrival. To their surprise, many Mages are taking this job. It pays well, after all, and there is no limit on job applicants because they need to find the Demons fast.

Almost everyone there recognizes Ben, but he doesn't recognize anyone there. None of his acquaintances seems to take this job. Well, doesn't matter though because he doesn't come here to meet with friends.

Ben & Bella immediately leave after receiving the details of the job. They immediately go to the 2nd town that got attacked. Ben doesn't want to lose the traces of those 3 demons. It will be harder to find them if the traces have disappeared.

The destruction in the 2nd town is horrible, almost all buildings get destroyed. It's worse than the 1st town because a big fight between strong Mages and the demons happened here. But the casualties are lower here because the battle gave the civilians time to evacuate.

Ben doesn't waste his time and immediately searches the Etherious Demons' traces. His Devil Slayer's senses are very sensitive to the demon's traces, so he finds them quite fast. He grabs Bella and moves fast to follow the traces into the wilderness beside the town.

Many people who recognize Ben were planning to follow him. He is a very well-known Dragon Slayer and a Wizard Saint. So they all know he has keen senses and they want to make use of that to find the demons by following him.

Ben realized that too and he couldn't care less about them. None of these stalkers can follow him when he runs to follow the traces, after all. They can't keep up with his speed which is faster than even Speed Magic users.

After running for almost an hour at his high speed, Ben finally finds the demons' location. It is in a cave on a mountain quite far away from the 2nd town. The cave is rather close to a town and the demons kept moving since they destroyed the previous town, so Ben assumes they will attack the next town soon.

"Good thing I found them first. More people will get killed if the demons aren't found soon," says Ben while looking at the cave from the shadows in the forest.

"Fight?" asks Bella.

"Yeah, we'll fight, if they are still alive later," says Ben while grinning.

Ben goes to the cave entrance and spread his strong magic sense. He makes sure that there are only demons inside because his plan will kill anything inside the cave. Too bad though, there are signs of other living beings other than the demons.