385. Binds

The battle direction still hasn't changed even when a few minutes have passed. Ben still overwhelms the Mages with pure physical power and it gets more overwhelming now after he holds a pair of sticks. His attack range increases, making him even more troublesome to face.

But it starts to get boring for Ben because it's like he fights children. The only ones who make this interesting are just Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Sting, Rogue, & Elfman who join the crowd that attack him. They got hit many times, but they keep getting up to attack him again.

It's still boring though without the other strong Mages attacking him. So he tries to make it more interesting for him. Ben throws the stick in his left hand and suddenly his left hand disappears. It is not his real hand, after all, because his real left hand has been destroyed by Acnologia.

Ben made his left arm using Arc of Embodiment and now he dispels it. Many people don't know that he has lost his left hand, so they are very shocked to see it. Those who don't know are very shocked because they don't know who has the power to take their Strongest Mage's left hand.

"What's wrong? Do you think this won't continue just because I will fight you with 1 arm? Heh, let me show you what this 1-armed man can do," says Ben before rushing forward.

The Mages finally return to their senses when Ben knocks out one of them with a single hit using his stick. They see him grinning which makes them realize that even with just 1 hand, Ben is still the strongest person on this continent. What they should do is still the same, fight him using everything they have.

Ben now attacks the Mages only with 1 hand and his legs. He still mainly uses the stick in his hand to hit his opponents' bodies. Wood stick is not the best weapon, but it's a whole different story if someone like Ben is the one holding it.

Many Mages use swords or other metal weapons, but they are helpless against a wood stick. It's not about the weapon, after all, it's about the one who wields it. Even a pencil can kill people if John Wick uses it.

Ben hastens his pace at attacking his opponents and he uses more power to take each of them out in 1 or 2 hits. He doesn't want to waste time anymore because he wants to fight the stronger ones already. But he still doesn't want to use his magic, so he just increases his attack power.

Everyone is in disbelief as they see Ben defeats the Mages without any difficulties. Every time he swings his wood stick, someone falls and can't resume the battle. No one in the crowd can stop Ben and they get knocked out one by one.

In just half an hour after the game started, Ben has defeated more than 1,000 people only using his physical power. He still could do it in that short time even though he was also having fun. It still ends that fast even though Ben wasn't serious at all.

"Will you start attacking now? Or should I attack first?" asks Ben while using the Arc of Embodiment to make his left hand again.

He throws his wood stick and changes his weapon into metal claws on both of his hands. His opponents' levels are different now, so he needs to step up his game. There are Wizard Saints among his opponents now, so he might need his magic, but he will still use his physical power first.

Ben really enjoys physical battle now because he is strong enough to face Magic using only physical power. In the past, he would still need to use magic even if it was just covering his hands with it. But now, he is strong enough to defeat his opponents' magic with just his body.

There are still around 100 Mages left to face Ben now. All of them are main members of Guilds and even Wizard Saints. Fairy Tail Mages fill the majority of the remaining Mages left to fight Ben in this game.

They understand Ben well enough to know that the crowd of thousands of Mages couldn't stop him. Fighting alongside that many Mages will be a lot more difficult than working together with these Elite Mages.

No one makes a move for a while, so Ben takes the initiative because it's taking too long. He runs at a normal speed toward the Mages who have waited for this. They have prepared many traps while Ben fought the defeated Mages.

Ben walks right into their traps and activates one of them. His feet suddenly get caught by mud, stopping him in his track. Then a lot of black chains come out of the ground around him and bind his body, legs, & arms.

It doesn't end yet as many more binding magic spells with different elements come out everywhere around him to bind him. Ben's whole body gets bonded by the spells, but his grin never leaves his face. That grin really makes everyone there nervous for some reason.

"You waited patiently while I fight, all just for this level of trap? Such a disappointment. Let me show you the terror of absolute power," says Ben.

Ben's body which has stopped moving because of the bind spells suddenly moves. He only moves slightly, but it's already making the Mages panic. With these many spells cast on him, moving even just a little need a lot of power.

They bind him with a lot of power, but he still can move, after all. So now they need to use a lot more power to stop him from moving even further. But they can't. Ben is still moving and he is getting faster while breaking the binding spells one by one.

He only uses physical power, but he can break the binding spells forcefully. These binding spells are cast by high-level Mages, but they are not strong enough to stop Ben who doesn't even use his magic. Their spells break one by one, including the Wizard Saints' spells. That's just how overwhelming Ben's physical power is.

"Damn! Attack him now before he breaks every bind!" shouts Laxus who knows well that the binds won't hold Ben any longer.

Laxus turns into lightning and flashes toward Ben who still has some binds on him. The others follow Laxus to attack Ben from all sides using their strongest magic. They all know that they can't hold back against this monster who clearly holds back against them.

Laxus arrives first and he sends a very strong punch toward Ben's face. Ben moves his head down slightly to block Laxus's punch using his forehead while grinning. Laxus's punch doesn't push Ben back even one bit and his fist feels hurt from the impact instead.

He sees the others' magic spells are coming, so Laxus gets away from there. Ben only looks at the incoming magic attacks while still having a grin on his face. He doesn't move at all, so all the magic attacks hit him and a massive impact is created on the spot where Ben stands.

"Do we got him?" asks Orga.

"We hit him for sure. But it may not damage him at all," says Minerva.

She is right because when the after-effect from the impacts disappeared, Ben can be seen standing in his initial spot without moving a bit. The ground beneath him is also safe, so he is standing on a small pillar that seems about to break anytime.

"Damn monster bastard. There's no damage whatsoever on his body," says Gajeel while gritting his teeth.

Ben's body is undamaged even though his clothes are ripped apart. He only has his underwear boxer left. It is made of a Dragon's skin, Motherglare's skin to be exact, and Ben has strengthened it using enchantments. So it won't get destroyed by even these magic attacks.

Ben looks at them while grinning and saying, "That's not enough. I will show you how it's done, kiddos."
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 420 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 431 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)