314. 2nd Day's Battle

In the Chariot game, Freed gets 1st place, followed by Risley of Mermaid Heel in 2nd. Bacchus of Quatro Cerberus gets the 3rd place, Dean of Scarmiglione gets 4th, Yuka of Lamia Scale gets 5th, Ichiya of Blue Pegasus gets 6th, Natsu incredibly finishes the race in 7th place, while Sting of Sabertooth drops out, and gets 8th place.

So now, the scores become like this:
Fairy Tail B            : 30 points
Sabertooth            : 18 points
Fairy Tail A            : 17 points
Blue Pegasus       : 14 points
Mermaid Heel      : 11 points
Lamia Scale         : 7 points
Quatro Cerberus  : 7 point
Scarmiglione        : 4 points

After a short rest, the 2nd day's battle event finally starts. The sponsors choose the fighters for each battle, starting with Lamia Scale vs Scarmiglione. They choose Tobi as a fighter of the Lamia Scale to go against the Dean of Scarmiglione that competed in the Chariot.

The battle starts and Toby grows his nails which he covers with a paralysis substance. He attacks Dean, but Dean evades all his attacks with agile movements. Now everyone can see that Dean didn't get the 4th position in Chariot by luck, he is fast & has quick reflexes.

"Hmm, speed-type magic, huh? Interesting," says Laxus.

"I don't think it's speed-type magic. If I'm not wrong, then that is Friction Magic. He uses it to become faster by reducing the friction between his body and anything around him. That can be strong magic based on how much he can control friction," says Ben.

Ben's speculation is right as Dean suddenly uses another use of his magic. He slides under Toby's claws and touches Toby's chest. Then suddenly an explosion happens and Toby is sent flying away.

"He increased the friction to a very high degree and caused an explosion, huh? Now that's interesting," says Ben.

"Man, you should be the commentator because you know a lot," says Cana.

"Oh? Are you kicking me out of the team now?" asks Ben while grinning.

Cana shivers when she sees Ben's smile and she immediately shakes her head. She hides behind Laxus and starts to cheer on Toby. The others sweatdrop before they continue to watch the battle.

Toby stands up again after the explosion, but he has suffered some damage. Dean is impressed by it but that also means that his magic isn't that strong yet. They fight again and now Toby is more careful.

But then Dean uses his magic on the ground. He reduced the friction on the ground around Toby to a very low level. The low friction makes Toby keeps slipping on the ground without any chance to attack, so he eventually gives up.

The 2nd battle is between Gajeel of Fairy Tail A and Bacchus of Quatro Cerberus. Everyone is surprised because they thought that if Bacchus is chosen, then his opponent will be Erza. That's also what the King wished, but his Knight mistook his words.

The King said that he wanted to see the battle between Bacchus and the Mage with the will of steel. But his Knight mistook it to be Gajeel who uses Iron Dragon Slayer Magic rather than Erza who has the title of Titania, a strong Mage with a will of steel.

It has been announced though, so they can't change it. Gajeel is very excited by this fight because he can finally do some action. He wanted to join the Chariot, but Natsu beat him to it.

Both fighters enter the arena and Bacchus is drinking alcohol again. He then lays sideways on the ground while looking at Gajeel with a smirk. Bacchus is very confident he can defeat Gajeel who isn't even an S-Class Mage yet.

"Hey, why don't we have a bet?" asks Bacchus.

"Oho? What kind of bet?" asks Gajeel back.

"Hmm, let's see. If I win, lend me that blue-haired girl who is your team's reserve member for a night. She looks young and good," says Bacchus.

Gajeel is surprised and he looks at the terrified Wendy before looking at Ben. He shivers when he sees Ben's murderous gaze even though it's not directed at him. Everyone in Fairy Tail feels sorry for Bacchus because he might not return to his guild alive.

"Gajeel," calls Ben with a very cold tone.

Ben runs his thumb across his neck without saying a word. Gajeel nods furiously and gets ready to fight without saying another word. Bacchus is confused at why Gajeel looks at Ben though, but he doesn't care.

The battle finally starts and Bacchus makes the first move. He runs fast toward Gajeel and attacks with his Palm Magic. A few impacts hit Gajeel, but he has transformed his skin into iron scales, which protected him.

Gajeel then attacks Bacchus using his Iron Dragon Roar, but Bacchus can evade it. Bacchus is fast and agile, he can evade every attack that Gajeel makes after that. He isn't Quatro Cerberus's S-Class Mage for nothing.

The battle goes on and Gajeel can't land any hit on Bacchus. He keeps getting hit instead, but his Iron scales protect him from most damage. It doesn't mean he doesn't get hurt though, he is just very durable & persistent.

But his tough Iron Scale is also hurting Bacchus's palms. Bacchus's attacks get weaker over time even though Gajeel never hit him. After almost half an hour, both of them get exhausted, and Bacchus gets noticeably slower.

Gajeel knows it's his chance, so he counters Bacchus's attack. He uses his Iron Dragon Sword to hit Bacchus who attacks his face. Both of them hit each other and fall to the ground. Then they stand slowly before they collapse to the ground.

But Gajeel still can hold himself and only falls on his knees while Bacchus falls on his back before he lost consciousness. With this, the battle ends with Gajeel's victory. He has many injuries though, so he needs to be sent to the infirmary after the battle.

"Will he be okay?" asks Freed.

"He'll be fine. A Dragon Slayer has a high recovery rate. Also, we have Wendy who can heal him. He won't be fine if he loses though. Someone will kill him along with Bacchus," says Laxus while looking at Ben who is still eyeing Bacchus.

"Hold yourself, Ben. Quatro Cerberus is our ally. We won, so there's no need to make things complicated. He has been defeated by Gajeel anyway. Wendy is fine too, and you don't want to show something bad in front of your children, right?" asks Mira while grabbing Ben's hand.

Ben sighs and says, "There won't be next time though."

"I know, everyone will support you if it happens again," says Mira in relief even though she is also angry. If Ben attacks Bacchus, it might turn into a guild war, after all. So it's a relief that he can hold himself.

The tournament continues and it's Fairy Tail B's turn now. Mira is chosen as a representative and her opponent is Jenny of Blue Pegasus. Both of them use Take Over Magic and they are models, so everyone is looking forward to it.

Both Mira and Jenny come forward as people are cheering on them. They are top models, after all, and they often showed up in magazines. Mira has rested from modeling when she was pregnant and only started again last year, but she is still as popular as ever.

Ariel and Gabriel cheer on her while sitting on Ben's shoulders. "GO, MAMA!"

"Mama will do her best, sweethearts," says Mira while waving her hand happily.

Jenny looks quite jealous of Mira who gets cheered by her cute children. Her husband is also one of the strongest and most handsome Mages in Ishgar. Jenny was one of Ben's fans, after all, so she is quite jealous of that. Mira also made a great comeback at modeling even after resting for almost 2 years.

"Say, Mira, normal battle seems boring. So how if we do something else?" asks Jenny while grinning.

"What kind of battle that you propose?" asks Mira calmly.

"Let's battle as models," says Jenny.

"You mean posing and stuff? That sounds fun," says Mira while smiling.

Everyone cheers and the organizer also agrees to do the battle that way. It makes Ben wonders, "Can they change the rules just like that?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 349 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 360 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)