258. Opening

The Wizard Saint tournament day finally comes. People from all over Ishgar come to Fiore's Royal Capital to watch the tournament. It's very rare for them to be able to watch battles between strong Mages, after all.

Almost all Legal Guilds all over Ishgar participate in this tournament, be they big, medium, or small guilds. Well, it's not the guilds that participate but their representatives. They all send their Aces and some Guild Masters even participate.

This is the first tournament so all strong Mages are very interested and want to join. Even Mages from Independent Guilds or those without any affiliations also join. The Wizard Saint position is just too tempting for any Mage.

Besides, they will still get good rewards even if they can't become a Wizard Saint as long as they ranked high enough in the tournament. The Council & Kingdom have prepared prizes for those who reach high ranking in this tournament to make more people participate.

Their strategy works and many Mages really participate. Many people also come to watch that it makes all lodgings full. The Kingdom even need to build tents outside the city as temporary lodging for those who didn't get any place in the city.

The high rise in visitors also makes the economy prosper. Luckily the Kingdom has prepared for it and called many merchants from all over Fiore. Some foreign merchants even come to sell their products here, they don't want to lose a big chance like this.

The match will start tomorrow and today they will just hold an opening ceremony. All participants, their Guilds, and also the audience gather to watch the ceremony. Those who can't enter the stadium watch from the screens outside.

Right before the ceremony started, everyone's attention is drawn by something. They look up to the sky and see a massive airship fly on top of them. It's a white airship with gold accents and a gold Guild Mark.

"That mark, it's Fairy Tail!" shouts someone in the crowd.

The airship really belongs to Fairy Tail. It is the one that Ben get from Grimoire Heart and has been modified by him & some engineers. Its base shape is still the same as when Grimoire Heart had it but now it has a white color with gold accents instead of black.

They also removed the sharp edges and make them rounder to make the airship less intimidating. The wing ornaments also have been changed from bat-like wings into fairy wings. There are big Fairy Tail Marks on the airship's front with big 'Fairy Tail' words on the left & right.

It's not only the exterior that has been changed but also the interiors. The dark and scary interiors have become brighter with peaceful & friendly design. They also planted some plants & flowers in the top room that has glasses covering the room.

As everyone's attention is on Fairy Tail's new airship, someone suddenly falls from the airship onto the arena. The loud drop impact sound makes people's attention shift to it. They all see a man standing in the middle of the arena, it's Ben.

"Who is that?" asks someone in the crowd.

"You don't know him? He is the current Guild Master of Fairy Tail and the youngest Wizard Saint in history, Ben Cooper," replies someone else.

"The youngest? How old is he?" asks another one.

"He is 18 y.o now, and he became a Wizard Saint & Guild Master last year when he was still 17 years old," replies the one who replied before.

Those who hear it are amazed and the info spread fast among the people. The participants also now become interested in Ben. All of them have heard about Ben but many of them have never seen him before.

"So it's him, the most common target in this tournament," says a participant.

"Heh, his seat will be mine after this tournament," says another participant.

Most of the participants are targetting Ben for their Wizard Saint title match. Only a few target other Wizard Saint and some haven't decided yet. But some participants who have good brains actually are wary of Ben.

These wary people know that if Ben can become a Wizard Saint at his age, then his power is nothing to scoff at. For them, he is actually scarier than the old fogeys who became Wizard Saint in their old age.

"Did you really need to show up like that?" asks Jura who approaches Ben with an eyebrow raised.

"You jealous?" asks Ben teasingly.

"As if. Anyway, the ceremony will start, let's go to our position," says Jura.

Both of them then go to their position which is beside the Royal Family. They are the only Wizard Saints who attend this ceremony personally. The others only join through virtual because they aren't too interested in watching the tournament.

They will still watch the tournament through virtual. If there are interesting Mages, then they will come to watch. They'll also come if they are being chosen as opponents by the winner of the tournament.

The opening ceremony starts soon afterward and the Kingdom really goes all out for this. It's like a festival instead of a tournament-opening ceremony. Well, they don't want to lose face to all the visitors who came from all over Ishgar.

Everyone enjoys the first day by touring the Royal Capital. The Kingdom has hired Mages from some of Fiore's Magic Guilds including Fairy Tail. So now some members who take the job are guarding some locations.

Meanwhile, the other members are touring the city. Mira & Bella also walk around the city while buying stuff. Surprisingly, they are accompanied by Ben who should be staying in the stadium with Jura & the Royal Family.

"Are you sure it will be fine?" asks Mira.

"What is? You buying that cake that can make you fat or leaving a clone for the ceremony?" asks Ben.

Mira pouts and pinches Ben's waist, "The clone."

"Ouch, ouch! It will be fine, no one will realize anyway. If a problem arises, I can just teleport there. Besides, Jura is there so there won't be any problem. I prefer walking around with you two rather than staying there doing nothing but watching. Tomorrow is the main event anyway and I need to watch all the battles and stay guard to prevent accidents. Now is my only chance to enjoy my day," says Ben.

"Hmm, I guess you're right," says Mira.

"Ben, brown milk," says Bella.

Ben takes out a bottle of chocolate milk and gives it to Bella. Then they resume their walk while buying stuff like other people. There are some new things from other Nations that are sold by the foreign merchants that piqued their interest.

They walk around the city until the night before they go to a mansion that Ben has rented for their guild. The other guild members have arrived before them. They all are having a drinking party in the hall just like what they usually do in their guild building.

"You guys have made this your home, huh? And why you even bought liquors," says Ben as he watches them drink the liquors that they bought today.

"There are some liquors that we never tasted before, so of course, we are curious. Come on, you need to try these too," says Jet as he offers a bottle to Ben.

Ben sighs and takes the bottle before he joins the boys to drink the liquor. They drink until midnight and go to sleep afterward. They can't drink till morning or they won't be able to watch the tournament tomorrow. Then the next day, the first day of the tournament finally come.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 293 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 304 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)