223 Heartbreak

"NO WAY! LIES! YOU LIE!" shouts Mira after hearing Porlyusica's explanation about what has happened. Bella cries while punching Porlyusica's legs because she also thinks that the old lady is lying.

"Why should I lie to you? I don't have any reason to lie. You can go to the guild and ask everyone about it. They'll say the same thing," says Porlyusica.

Mira slumped down weakly and tears flow from her eyes. Bella cries even louder and then Mira also cries with her. Porlyusica has a sad expression and hugs the 2 girls to make them calm even if it's just for a little.

They cry for more than an hour until they get tired and fall asleep. Porlyusica can't lift Mira so she just covers her with a blanket. As for Bella, she is light enough to be lifted by the old lady back to her bed.

The next day, they wake up and Mira locks herself in her room. Bella stays beside Ben and refuses to leave him because she is very afraid that she will lose him too. Both girls are very depressed and Mira even refuses to eat.

She has just lost her siblings because she failed to protect them. After what happened to Lisanna, she has trained a lot to get stronger because she doesn't want the same thing to happen. But now she failed again and lose both of her siblings along with her friends.

Mira keeps crying in her room and refuses to come out or let anyone enter. She doesn't even want to eat anything that Porlyusica has prepared. At least Bella wants to eat even if it's just a little, so the old lady isn't too stressed.

After 3 days, Mira still hasn't come out of her room and never touched her food. Porlyusica finally has enough of it and she breaks into the room by breaking the door. Of course, it surprises Mira who sits on her bed with a haggard & pale expression.

"THIS IS ENOUGH, YOUNG LADY! I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY SAD BUT YOU SHOULDN'T HURT YOURSELF LIKE THIS. YOU CAN CRY AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT EAT YOUR FOOD AT LEAST! IF YOU WANT TO STARVE YOURSELF TO DEATH THEN DO IT ELSEWHERE! DON'T DO IT IN MY HOUSE!" yells Porlyusica angrily.

Then without waiting for Mira's response, she leaves the room. The surprised Mira moves to follow her but then she stops at the door and sees a tray beside the door. There's a plate of food and a glass of water on the tray. Porlyusica has prepared it before she barged in.

Mira's eyes get watery again and she finally takes the food & drink. She closes the door and sometime later, she puts the empty tray in front of the door again. Mira finally eats something after not eating anything for 3 days.

The next day, Mira finally comes out of her room even though her expression is still not good. She dazes a lot and sometimes looks outside for a few minutes without saying anything. 4 days isn't enough to soothe her heart.

On the 5th day, Porlyusica calls Mira to talk with her. They talk in the backyard where Porlyusica grew some flowers. She hopes it will calm Mira a little while they talk.

"Mira, this must be very hard for you. I don't know how you feel but I can understand it a little. I don't have siblings like you but I have people who are very close to me too. Makarov is one of them. I have lost many of them in my life but at least I still have Makarov before. But now, even he finally left me alone, so I don't have anyone close with me," says Porlyusica.

Mira just looks down and doesn't say anything. Her brain & rationality know that she shouldn't get depressed for too long and moved on. Her siblings won't like to see her like this because it will just make them sad.

But her heart & feelings just can't move on from her grief & sadness. She also keeps feeling guilty because she failed to protect her siblings. They have been by themselves since their parents passed away and as the oldest, she is responsible for her siblings.

She has worked hard for them and promised to always protect them. But she failed to protect Lisanna 2 years ago and almost lose her. Lisanna was saved and she thought it will be fine from then on. But now this happened and she lost both Elfman & Lisanna.

"You are an adult, so I know you understand what you need to do. I won't say anything about that because I can't do anything too. Only you can overcome that by yourself. It's just that I want you to know that you still have others with you. There's me, Bella, the other Fairy Tail Mages, and there is still Ben," says Porlyusica.

"Ben!? How is he?" asks Mira, who finally remembers that Ben is not in a good condition.

"You finally say something. Sigh, I will be honest, his condition is still very bad. I've done what I could but it's not enough and I don't know what to do anymore. I will need time and more knowledge to help him. Also, I need help to do this. That's why, if you don't want to lose him too, you need to get ahold of yourself and help me to treat him," says Porlyusica.

Mira widens her eyes because she finally knows that Ben's condition is very grave. She has locked herself in her room for 3 days, so she doesn't know anything about Ben's condition. That's why she is very surprised when she finally knows it.

She immediately goes to Ben's room hastily after knowing it. When she opens the door, she sees Ben who lays unconsciously with Bella sleeping beside him. Mira approaches Ben and stands beside his bed.

She looks at him with tears on her face because she can see that his body is damaged a lot. It's the first time she sees Ben hurt like this. For her, he is the most invincible person and will always be fine even if he lost a battle.

She believes that even Gildarts can't match Ben when it comes to survival. But by surviving, she never means it to be barely alive like this. His current condition is the same he doesn't survive, just barely hanging on to his life.

Mira wants to touch him but Porlyusica stops her because Ben's body is very sensitive now. A wrong touch can hurt him even more so no one is allowed to touch him other than Porlyusica for now because she is his doctor.

Mira just sits beside his bed while crying silently to not wake Bella up. But Bella still wakes up and when she sees Mira, she immediately jumps to her while crying too. Mira widens her eyes before she embraces Bella and both of them cry.

"Mira, Ben!" says Bella.

"I know, Bella, I know. Ben is hurt, but he will be fine. Grandma Porlyusica will heal him, we just need to wait," says Mira.

"Wendy, Carla," says Bella while crying louder.

"It's okay, Elfman & Lisanna are with them, so they will be fine," says Mira as calmly as she can even though she is crying too.

Mira's heart is also in pain right now but she still tries to calm Bella down. Bella is still very young and she needs to go through something like this. Mira also went through a similar thing when her parents died when she was very young.

At that time, she really needs someone to be by her side. So now she will be there for Bella because Bella is also there for her after she lost her siblings. She needs to be strong for Bella even though she is very pained too.

They are hugging while crying for a rather long time until they are satisfied. Then they look at Ben with very sad expressions. They ask Porlyusica when he will wake up but the old lady doesn't know it too.

"I don't know when he will wake up, but I will do my best to make it happen soon. For now, you guys need to go outside to get fresh air. Staying inside for too long isn't good for your body," says Porlyusica.

"....You're right, let's go, Bella," says Mira after thinking for a bit.

But Bella doesn't move while having her eyes widened, "Outside? Sun!? Ben, sun!"

Bella points at Ben while saying that. Porlyusica is confused by Bella's short words but Mira understands it and her eyes widened too as she says, "That's right, the sun! Grandma, let's take Ben outside. He needs sunlight."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 258 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 269 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)