254. Airship

Ben's job finishes after he removed the heat from the mine. If he let it be, the mine will stay hot for days and the miners can't use it. It needs some effort to remove the heat but it's better than fighting the magical creatures one by one.

After he finished the job, Ben gets a special job request from the miners. They ask him to build a new defense system after they know that he can make it. So he stays there for one more day to build a new defense system against wild magical creatures.

Everyone there is very impressed by his work because his defense system is far stronger than the previous one. The Mages who work there try to break the defense system as a test but none of them can damage it even a little.

After finishing everything, Ben returns to the island where Grimoire Heart's airship is located. Nothing changes on the island and it is still the same as before. He comes back here because he has a good plan for this airship.

Ben plans to make this airship into his guild's property. But it will need a lot of repairing and modification before it can become Fairy Tail's airship. So he will take his time and do the necessary jobs slowly.

This airship is still damaged and can't be operated so he can't take it back to Magnolia. Even if it can fly, Ben can't drive it because of his motion sickness. So he installs a teleportation door that will allow him to come here & return to Magnolia anytime.

"I think I need to do something before I return," says Ben after he installed the door.

The thing that he needs to do is remove the tool that informs all Grimoire Heart's members about the airship's location. As long as he removes the tool on the airship, then the tools that each member has won't work and the airship's location will not be known.

Ben has thought about leaving the tool works to bait the remaining members of Grimoire Heart. But then he thinks that it is too troublesome and if other Legal Guilds or Magic Council know about the airship, they will surely want to get it, so it's better to hide the airship from anyone.

After removing the tool, Ben returns to his office through the teleportation door. No one is surprised anymore by his sudden appearance because they've used to the teleportation door. They all just work normally when Ben comes out of his office to report his job.

When he enters the guildhall, Ben gets attacked by Bella. She flies toward him and hugs his face tightly because she misses him. He didn't go for too long but Bella who always joined him in his job is quite lonely because he didn't bring her for this job.

"Bad Ben! Bad! Bad!" yells Bella while tearing up a little.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. I will bring you next time I take a job," says Ben while patting her head.

Bella nods and keeps clinging to Ben without any intention to let him go.

"Fufu, as much as she likes to be with me, the one she likes the most is still you. She kept asking when you'll return every few hours," says Mira.

Ben smiles and rubs Bella's head, "Sorry for this, Bella. I just did a troublesome job so I couldn't bring you with me. Here, I've bought a new kind of milk for you."

Ben takes out a bottle of milk and gives it to Bella. She takes it but still clings to Ben even when she drinks it. She really doesn't want to let him go, making everyone giggle at her cute behavior.

He can't do anything about it so Ben just lets her stay like that as he makes a report of his job completion. Then he asks Mira what happened in the guild while he left. Most of them are normal things that don't need his attention except for one thing.

A letter from Magic Council came yesterday and Ben immediately read it. The letter is about the tournament for the Wizard Saint position that Ben proposed. It really takes a long time for them to decide about this because they need to think about it thoroughly.

Basically, they accept the proposal and will hold the tournament every year publicly. But the requirements are very strict and not everyone can join it. That's for sure because the position of Wizard Saint is important.

The most important requirements are power, background check, and affiliation. Power is a must because a Wizard Saint needs to be strong while a background check is needed to avoid spies like Jellal & Ultear in the past.

As for affiliation, it is stated that the contestants come from any Nation in Ishgar and someone from the same guild with a Wizard Saint can't participate. If a guild has more than 1 Wizard Saint, they will have too much power, after all, and Magic Council can't let that happen.

"Tch, they are unnecessarily sharp about this. Now I can't make Mira a Wizard Saint even if I want because of this. Sigh, whatever, this is enough to let me know about other guilds' strongest forces. Even Mages who aren't from guilds can participate so it can be used as a place to scout new members," says Ben.

Many non-affiliated Mages will surely join this tournament because it is a good chance for them. The wage & special treatments for Wizard Saints are very tempting for anyone. With this tournament, everyone will have an equal chance so no one will want to miss it.

"The first tournament will be held next year in Fiore's Royal Capital because the idea comes from me, a Wizard Saint from Fiore. For the next years, they will hold it in other Nations in rotation to make it fair. Well, that's good enough. I can use those chances as trips," says Ben.

But Ben also knows that leaving the guild for the tournament is risky. He needs to increase the defense system so that the guild will be safe when he leaves it. After all, it won't be just him who leaves because many will also go with him to watch the tournament.

"Battles between strong Mages can be a good lesson for us so I must take them to watch, especially the young Mages. But we also need to be careful because problems might arise when we meet Mages from other guilds & Nations. Sigh, and with Fairy Tail's Mages' personalities, problems will come sooner or later, so I need to prepare for it," says Ben as he keeps the letter in file storage.

A few days later, Ben calls some enginers that are affiliated with their guild. They will work to repair & modify the airship that he took from Grimoire Heart. He only gathers those that he trusts and also hides the fact that the airship was Grimoire Heart's property.

Ben just tells them that it is an airship that he get from a Dark Guild that he destroyed. Telling them that it was Grimoire Heart's possession might cause trouble later, after all. Even if he trusts them, he can't tell them the fact or it might endanger them because Grimoire Heart is one of the biggest Dark Guilds.

He has worked with AI Chip on what to do with the airship. Most of the parts will be changed, especially the engine, control, defense, & attack systems. Basically, Ben changes almost everything except for the base body.

He estimates that the airship will finish in 6 months. There are many things to do because he changes a lot of things, after all. He doesn't want an airship that can only fly, so all those changes are necessary.

After he gives the enginers their tasks, Ben takes the Fire God Slayer Magic Book. "Now that we finish that, I can focus on learning this. Just you wait, Acnologia. I will turn you into ashes in the future."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 289 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 300 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)