213. Last of Seven

After Wendy & the cats defeated the enemies, Erza appears with Elfman & Evergreen. They come here after defeating Rustyrose. Evergreen is still unconscious so Elfman carries her even though his condition is quite bad too.

Erza asks Wendy to treat them and she does that immediately. With Erza here, there's no need to worry about the enemies. So Wendy can focus on healing the injured ones while Erza guards the area.

"I see that you've defeated these guys," says Erza while looking at the defeated Grimoire Heart's lesser members.

"Wendy & the cats were the ones who did it. They were good. Sorry, Erza, but can you help me tie them up in one place?" asks Ben's clone.

Erza nods and they start to gather the defeated Dark Mages and tie them up in one place. Then Ben's clone teleports them at the same time to the coast near their airship. Another clone has destroyed many parts of the airship, so he isn't worried that they'll be able to fight back using it.

After Evergreen wakes up and Elfman recovers, they move to meet with the others. Ben's clones always contact each other so they know about most of the situations here. The group will meet with the ones who have won that Ben's clones know.

There are only 5 clones who watched over the battles. They couldn't watch over everyone on the island so there are some battles that they don't know of. It's just like how none of the clones watched Freed & Bickslow vs Kain.

Currently, there is also a battle that they can't watch. It's Gray's battle against Ultear. Well, Ben's clone has sent them away before while he stayed to guard Wendy & the cats. Now they are battling on an empty plot near the coast.

Their battle has gone on for some time now and Gray is at a disadvantage. His Ice-Make magic is useless against Ultear's Arc of Time. Her magic can transform his Ice into water or nothing by reverting the time.

So now Gray relies on his close combat ability because Ultear's magic can't affect living beings or their parts. But Ultear can use her magic on the surrounding like the ground, rocks, or trees. She can revert or forward the time of these objects to create a different effect.

Gray is quite in a pinch now but he still talks about Ur with Ultear. He says how Ultear loved Ultear and how she was sad that she lost her daughter. But Ultear doesn't believe it because what she knows is different from what Gray knows and that's why she hates her mother.

After some time, Gray finally realizes Ultear's magic's weakness. So he creates a sharp ice shard and stabs his hands so blood flows out of the wounds. Then he freezes the blood to create a pair of sharp ice weapons in his hands and attacks Ultear with them.

Ultear tries to use her magic on the ice but fails because it contains Gray's blood, so her magic doesn't work on it. Now the battle tips over and Gray starts to gain the advantage. Seeing his tenacity, Ultear finally uses different Magic.

She uses Ice-Make magic and succeeds to attack Gray with it. Gray then comments how her magic is similar to Ur's magic, making her angry. So she makes another attack but Gray retaliates and tackles her.

His tackle makes both of them fall on a slope so they roll down. They keep fighting while arguing with each other as they roll on the ground. Finally, both of them fall onto the water below after rolling down the slope.

When she enters the water, Ultear recalls her childhood memory. She was being tested in a lab when she was a kid because of her strong Magic Power. But then she escaped and returned to her mother only to find Ur living happily with 2 boys, Gray & Lyon.

That made Ultear thought that her mother has abandoned her. So she returned to the facility to gain power for her revenge against her mother. Then Hades found her and taught her Lost Magic, Arc of Time.

Recalling her memories makes Ultear angry so she starts to attack Gray with her Ice-Make again. Both of them continue their fight on the sea using their Ice-Make magic. As Ultear attacks Gray, she suddenly hears a call for help.

Suddenly, another memory appears in her mind, but it's not hers, it's Ur's memory. She sees her mother was crying while holding little Ultear who has a high fever. Ur asks for help from the people in the facility.

When Ur returned after some time, the people in the facility told her that Ultear has died. It made Ur devastated and demanded to take her daughter's corpse but they didn't let her. Ur finally lived alone from then until she got 2 disciples.

Ultear who sees the memory starts to break down because it's different from what she remembered. She finally realizes that it's Ur's memories after remembering that Ur's body that has turned into ice has melted and merged with the sea.

Gray uses this chance when Ultear is distracted and attacks her using Ice-Make: Gungnir. When she snaps back to reality, it's already too late. Ice forms from below her and encases her as she gets pushed upwards, defeated.

Then Gray starts to tell Ultear the story that Ur told him & Lyon. It's the story about Ultear's birth and how Ur was so happy that she cried. That's why Ur gave her the name Ultear which means Ur's tear.

Ultear seems to understand that everything she knows isn't the truth. She finally gives up resisting and Gray shatters the ice that encased her. Then he brings her ashore and leaves, but then he loses his strength and almost falls.

But someone catches his hand, it's Ben who has just recovered after exhausting his energy when fighting Hades. His clone has sent Gray & Ultear near Ben's battle location and informed Ben about it so that Ben can help if Gray has difficulties.

Ben has changed his clothes because the ones that he wore before have been tattered. His muscles are still quite sore but it's not a problem for him. He is always trained to his limit and sore muscles are a usual thing for him.

"Good job, Gray," says Ben.

"Are you a clone?" asks Gray.

"Am I?" asks Ben while smirking.

"So you're the real one, huh? Thanks for your help," says Gray.

"Don't mind it, we are guildmates, after all. You've also lost some blood when using your magic before, right? Just have some rest, I'll take you back. With this, the Seven Kin of Purgatory should have been defeated. Now the remaining one is that Bluenote guy," says Ben while helping Gray to walk.

"Just one? What about Hades?" asks Gray.

"Hades, huh? It seems he is not in a good condition because I found him lying down on the ground. It must be because of his old age. One can't simply go against time," says Ben while smirking.

"Heh, is that so?" asks Gray while smirking.

Of course, Gray knows that Ben has defeated Hades. He can see the traces of battle on Ben's body even though Ben has worn new clothes. It makes Gray amazed because from what he heard, Hades is the strongest among the Grimoire Heart's group.

As they walk to gather with their guildmates, Ben suddenly stops and has a shocked face. Gray asks him about it and he says that something has happened. One of his clones that went with Lucy & Cana tells him that Cana has disappeared, leaving a sleeping Lucy in the enchantment that his clone made.

"What? Then is she in danger?" asks Gray with a concerned tone.

"I don't know. The enchantment only lets Lucy & Cana pass it freely. That means Cana has come out of it by herself, but I don't know why. Let's go there first and check the situation," says Ben before he & Gray disappear from their spot.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 248 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 259 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)