310. Strategy

Cana repeat her attack a moment after the 1st attack. Everyone who has been attacked was respawned in another area. But only 2 have recovered which are Rufus & Lyon. So the other 4 are still lying on the ground.

Her attack can still find them all though because the first attack has marked all of them. Rufus & Lyon can get away from the cards while the other 4 get hit immediately without any chance to evade the cards' attacks which are just weak shockwaves.

However, even the 2 who can evade the cards can't truly be safe yet. They are still being chased by the cards, so they need to take care of the cards soon. Rufus & Lyon then destroy the cards again, but now they stay concentrated because a hidden attack might come out again.

They are right, another hidden attack comes out of the exploding cards. But it is a lot faster than the previous attack and both of them can't evade it. What comes out now is a black bullet that makes a small explosion upon contact.

"THAT'S ANOTHER 6 POINTS FOR FAIRY TAIL B! JUST WHAT ARE THOSE UNAVOIDABLE ATTACK?" comments Chapati after Rufus & Lyon get hit.

"This attack is faster than the previous one, so maybe Cana has marked them using her first attack. She also use a spell with higher speed because she knew that her opponents would have anticipated the same attack pattern. But even if Rufus & Lyon knew it, they still couldn't evade that super fast attack," comments Yajima.

"That was a great strategy by Fairy Tail B. Now, what will Cana do? Eh? She is sitting on a bench?" asks Chapati confusedly as Cana just sits on a bench in front of a building while drinking.

She has gained 12 points in this short amount of time while the others haven't even gotten any points. So she can just sit leisurely while waiting for the game's progress. This strategy has been thought of by Ben even before the game started.

When he heard the game's name, he guessed that it was a kind of Hide & Seek game. So he made the strategy that Cana used in that short amount of time. Luckily, the game really is just a variation of Hide & Seek, because it will be a problem if it's not.

Cana already has sensor-type magic that can target those she considers enemies in an area that she sets and chases them. That's why her magic can't target Gray because she doesn't think of him as an enemy.

But that magic is weak as it is and won't be suitable for attack. That's why she added another attack-type magic to her homing cards. The problem is, she doesn't have sure hit magic, so Ben did something to it.

He asked Cana to use his & Laxus's magic by inserting it into her cards. The first lightning bullet is Laxus's Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic which is very fast. Then the 2nd attack is Ben's God Slayer Magic's Light element, which is even faster than Laxus's lightning.

However, the lightning & light bullets would only come out if the cards get destroyed. That's why the ones who didn't destroy the cards in the 2nd attack only get hit by a small shockwave. Well, either way, they will still get hit no matter what they do.

The game still continues because no one has been knocked out. Cana's magic didn't give significant damage because to get points, they just need to hit their opponents. That's why she just hits them with unlethal magic so she can get more points by hitting them again.

Gray who doesn't get hit by Cana gets the benefit of Cana's attacks. He finds Lyon & Jager lying on the ground helplessly. It's an awkward situation but he won't let it go. So he hits both of them with his hand because they will get respawned soon.

So now, Cana has 12 points while Gray has 2 points. The game continues after all 6 attacked Mages get respawned. Cana still doesn't make a move and just sits on the bench. She isn't worried at all even though she might be targeted.

Everyone immediately makes a move to get points because they are lagging. They are still very wary of Cana's attack because they don't know what she does right now. But she doesn't make any move while everyone is busy finding their opponents.

Some minutes later, Rufus makes an attack that targets everyone, just like Cana's attacks. His attack hits all 6 people, except Cana. When his attack almost hits Cana, it crashes into a barrier that surrounds her.

She has set up a barrier using her cards that she puts around her in a formation. This is the reason why she can sit leisurely without any worry. So now Rufus gets the 2nd place by gaining 6 points at once while the others still get 1 or 2 points.

Then when the game is near the end, Rufus has gotten more points than Cana. He has 15 points while Cana still has 12. So she needs to make a move and that is what she does at the last minute.

Cana throws 6 cards out of her barrier and they fly above the city. The cards aren't moving like before though, they just glow brightly before shooting bright 6-yellow light beams. Just like before, the light beams move toward all 6 Mages from the different guilds at a super high speed.

No one sees the light come and they just get hit without any chance to evade. This light magic is another spell that Ben inserted into Cana's cards. Again, he just made it to focus on speed, so the attack power is low, which doesn't endanger others.

The first game finishes shortly after that with Fairy Tail B gaining 18 points, Sabertooth gaining 15 points, Fairy Tail A gaining 8 points, Lamia Scale gaining 7 points, Mermaid Heel gaining 5 points, Blue Pegasus gaining 4 points, Quatro Cerberus gaining 2 points, while Scarmiglione gains 0 points.

So with the tournament point system, the result of the 1st event is as follows:

Fairy Tail B            : 10 points
Sabertooth            : 8 points
Fairy Tail A            : 6 points
Lamia Scale          : 4 points
Mermaid Heel       : 3 points
Blue Pegasus        : 2 points
Quatro Cerberus   : 1 point
Scarmiglione         : 0 points

The crowd is surprised by the result, but now they know that Fairy Tail B's feat in preliminary isn't just a coincidence. Sabertooth Guild is frustrated by this result though. They vow that they'll get back at Fairy Tail in the next game.

Too bad though, they don't get paired with any of the Fairy Tail team in the next battle event. The first battle is Fairy Tail A against Scarmiglione. All guilds can't choose their fighters because the sponsors are the ones who choose them.

Lucy gets chosen from team A while a man named Diffy gets chosen from Scarmiglione. The battle is quite tough for Lucy even though she summons Loke. Diffy uses Darkness Magic, the opposite of Loke's Light Magic, so his magic can counter Loke's magic.

Scarmiglione is proving that they aren't just a weak Guild by this. Even so, Diffy still gets defeated by Loke after 15 minutes. So Fairy Tail A gets 10 points while Scarmiglione gets 0 points again.

The next battle is Blue Pegasus vs Mermaid Heel. Ren gets chosen from Blue Pegasus, while Ariana Webb gets chosen from Mermaid Heel. Their battle is quite fierce too and finally, Ren wins the battle.

Sabertooth comes up next with Orga as their fighter. He is a Lightning God Slayer Mage, so Laxus and Ben are interested in his magic. His opponent is Warcry from Quatro Cerberus, a user of Tear Magic, a unique magic that utilizes the user's tears.

Warcry uses his tear magic immediately and starts crying. A lot of tears come out of his eyes, it is a funny scene. But then, Orga attacks him using his magic and he gets engulfed in a massive lightning sphere which defeated him instantly.

The crowd is excited to see such a strong magic attack. But the Sabertooth guild isn't as Sting tells Orga that he should make the battle more exciting. Orga suddenly turns back and takes over the pumpkin man's microphone to sing.

Everyone sweatdrops at his antique but they let it be as the last battle will start. The last battle is Fairy Tail B against Lamia Scale. It gets even more exciting as the ones chosen are Ben and Jura. This will be a battle of Wizard Saints which surely will be the most exciting battle to watch.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 345 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 356 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)