290. Dungeon's Mysteries

"What do you find?" asks Mira while they run to the location where one of Ben's clones gets destroyed.

"The boss, maybe," says Ben.

"So you're not sure," says Mira disappointedly.

"Hey, at least we get a clue. This thing is strong enough to destroy my clone. So it is far stronger than the Etheriouses that we've met so far. Even if it's not the boss, it might lead us to the boss," says Ben.

"Sigh, alright, let's just hope that it's the case," says Mira.

They arrive at the location in a short time because all the traps and enemies on the way have been destroyed by the destroyed clone. The other clones are still exploring their routes and Ben also made 1 clone to explore his route after 1 clone gets destroyed.

Just like what Mira said, there's no guarantee that the Etheriouses that destroyed one of Ben's clones is the boss. So they still need to explore the other routes. Besides, there are still a lot of Etheriouses that need to be slain in this dungeon.

However, there is nothing in this place, no trap, no Etherious. It's just an empty corridor like the others. Ben & Mira are confused because they also can't sense anything around them, so there's no magical creature nearby.

"Just where-!?" says Ben before he suddenly gets alerted.

Another clone gets destroyed but now, there's no clue at all from the destroyed clone's memory. The previous clone has seen a glimpse of the creature that destroyed it, but the new destroyed clone hasn't even sensed anything that destroyed it.

"What the hell happened?" asks Ben while frowning.

"Have they started attacking us?" asks Mira.

"I think so, but why's there nothing here if that's the case? Wait! Don't tell me they are aiming my clones because the clones are far weaker than us," says Ben with widened eyes.

Mira is also surprised, "That means the enemies are smart enough to aim for the weaker ones first and made this strategy which used the split paths to their advantage."

"Damn! Attention to all clones, mark your locations with teleportation marks, so I can teleport there immediately," says Ben to his clones through their connection.

The clones immediately do as Ben says and they are right on time before another clone gets destroyed. Ben grabs Mira and teleports them to the destroyed clone's location. He is ready to attack, but whatever it is that destroyed his clone has disappeared.

"Shit, they're fast," says Ben in frustration.

[Suggestion. Make the clones explode right when they get destroyed to injure the enemies.]

'Oh, that's a good idea,' replies Ben at A.I Chip's idea in his mind.

Ben sends his command and the clones execute it. They wait for some time, but the enemies aren't attacking yet. It makes them realize that the enemies know they are wary of them because of the destroyed clones.

"Keep going, I think they won't attack because we are on high alert," says Ben.

They all walk forward while trying to look as if they're letting their guard down. But they are still on high alert, it's just a strategy to fool the enemies, and it works. Some minutes after they walked again, one clone gets destroyed, and it explodes.

Ben teleports there immediately with Mira but they are still late to catch a glimpse of the enemies. However, they find a trail of blood on the floor & walls, which shows that the clone's explosion has injured the enemies.